Chapter 2 ~ Welcome

I just stood there staring mindlessly at them. This can't be... Standing before me was none other than the Survey Corps' top four leaders: Commander Erwin Smith, Captain Levi Ackerman, Squad Leader Hanji Zoe and Squad leader Mike Zacharius.

They all looked a bit confused as to where they were and how they got here. Erwin and Levi looked a little more flustered than usual, while Hanji was freaking out but doing it with wonder and excitement. Mike just stood there sniffing the air around him.

I kind of laughed at seeing how they were reacting because it was so... them. This is how they would react. But how?! This isn't possible!...RIGHT?! I rubbed my eyes and tried to unsee what I was seeing. It didn't work. I must be going crazy.

By this time, Hanji was almost bouncing off the walls while Mike was still sniffing around and Erwin and Levi were in a tiny argument about how all of this happened. This is really them...

I was too busy standing in the doorway and laughing that I didn't notice when they spotted me and Levi spoke up. "Oi, brat, where are we? How did we get here?"

"AAAGGGHH!! She's so cute!!" Hanji yelled while running up to me and wrapping me into a death-grip hug.

"Um..." I didn't really know what to say. I didn't know how to react to Hanji or answer Levi's questions. I was still trying to figure them out myself.

Thankfully, Erwin noticed my flustered and confused state. "Levi, Hanji, calm down. I'm sure she's just as confused as we are." He said while Hanji let go of me with a huge grin on her face. He then walked over to me and stood straight in front of me. He's even bigger and taller in real life... The fact that I'm also 5'1" didn't help. "I am Commander Erwin Smith, 13th commander of the Survey Corps." He said while saluting. When he was done, he stuck out his hand for me to shake. I put my shaky hand into his.

"I-I'm Emma Magnolia." I responded. At the mention of my last name, I heard Levi's breath hitch and his eyes widen slightly. I knew why.

"Well, Emma, would you mind telling us where we are?" Erwin asked kindly with a warm smile, probably trying to calm and ease my nerves.

"U-um... sure." I said back, nodding. I then walked over to sit on the couch. Erwin sat down beside me and Hanji sat on the other side of him. Mike sat in one of the remaining chairs while Levi just stood against the wall with is arms crossed. Yep, just like them, I thought before starting to speak and attempt to explain what was going on. "How do I put this?" I started. "You're here in the 21st century. The year is 2017. As far as how you all got here, I have no idea."

"Tch." Levi said from where he stood. I just chose to ignore it.

"Okay, so would you mind telling us a little bit about your world, Emma?" Erwin asked while looking at me with warm eyes.

"Sure." I nodded. "Compared to you guys' world, ours is super more developed with something called technology. For example, it's now super easier and faster to communicate with each other. But I can show you all that later. And we also have a bunch more inventions. Like cars, for example. They're things you get in and drive to go around to places. You operate them yourself."

"Hm, sounds interesting." Erwin stated while placing his chin in his hand, taking in what I had just told them.

"So! Are there like new animal species and creatures and stuff?!" Hanji almost yelled excitingly while practically bouncing where she sat.

"Oi, Four-eyes, calm down." Levi told at her and did his signature glare.

"U-um..." I laughed, trying to break the tension. "It's true that we have discovered thousands of new animals and everything... Oh! But I forgot! Here in this world, there are no titans!"

Everything stopped. All of their faces and eyes were completely shocked. They stared back at me in disbelief. "No... titans?" Levi asked cautiously.

"Yeah... no titans." I said back.

"Hm." I heard Mike say from his chair. Erwin looked like he was pondering what I had just said while Hanji actually looked a little sad that there were no titans.

They sat there for about a minute, all having their own reactions. I then decided to ask them a question about themselves. "So, um, do you guys know what happened to you before you came here? Because all I know is that before you guys showed up, there was a noise like a big crash and a bright flash of light."

"No. We were just having a regular meeting and then a bright light happened and here we are." Levi stated bluntly.

"Okay. So." I started while thinking. "Until we're able to find a way to return you guys to your world, I guess you guys can stay here and I'll take care of you. I might also call up my best friend, Jake. We both watch your anime so that's how we know who you are."

"Wait. What do you mean you 'watch our anime'?" Hanji asked.

"Oh! Right! U-um... You see, you guys are from an anime called Attack on Titan which is basically a TV show about what goes on in your world. It's very popular and has a lot fans. I'll show it to you later. But for now, I'm going to call up Jake and he'll come over so that we all can go out and buy you guys the necessities that you'll need until we figure out a way to get you back to your world. Excuse me." I went back into my room and grabbed my phone.

My fingers were shaking as I searched for Jake's contact to call. How was he going to react? We really need to keep this a secret... I found his contact and hovered my thumb over the call button. Finally I pressed it and prepared myself for whatever would come next.