Chapter 25 ~ One day left

It was the day before the last day we had with the cast, and Levi and I were out on a date at a fancy restaurant. We obviously wanted to spend time together before they had to leave.

When we were done eating, we walked down along the sidewalk, hand-in-hand, just enjoying each others company. We came to a bench and sat down, me resting my head on his shoulder.

"Tomorrow's the day, isn't it?" He said.

"Yeah, it is." I replied.

"This whole time I've been here, it's been nothing less than perfect." Levi said. "You introduced me to new sights and experiences I never would have gotten to experience if we had not come here. But most of all, I met you. You turned my world completely upside down, and I could never thank you enough for that."

"Levi..." I said and we slowly leaned in for a kiss.

"I feel the same way. I've enjoyed our time here together so much. I wouldn't give it up for anything. Even if we are parting soon, please know that I will always love you." I said, a lone tear sliding down my cheek. He wiped it away.

"I will, and I love you, too." We leaned in for yet another kiss, and time seemed to stop. I'll never forget these moments with him. Ever. Even if we are going to be separated soon. "It's getting kind of late, isn't it? Maybe we should head back." Levi said.

"Yeah, you're right." I replied and we went to go back to my house. When we got there, however, there was a shadowy figure, barely peaking out from behind a tree. At a glance, you couldn't see him, but I did because I knew exactly who it was.

"Go on in, I'll come in in a minute." I told Levi.

"You sure?" He questioned. I nodded my head and he went inside. I then got out of my car and saw the figure approaching.

"So tomorrow's the day, isn't it?" He asked once he got closer, but still a little ways away from me. It was the same guy who told me how the cast got here in the first place.

"Yeah, it is." I replied, a hint of sadness in my voice. There was a silence before the guy spoke up again.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, lowering his head.

"For what? It's not your fault." I said to him. He just nodded in response.

"Goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight." I replied and watched him walk away. I then walked back into my house.

"Everything okay?" Levi asked, sitting on one of the barstools in the kitchen. Everybody else was in there, too, surprisingly including Jake.

"Yep, everything's fine." I replied with a half smile. Then my phone rang. I looked down and saw it was my mom.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" I answered.

"Nothing much, but I have great news!" She said enthusiastically.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your father and I are coming back early! We should be there by tomorrow night." She said. My heart dropped.

They can't come back early! That's not enough time!

"Emma? Is everything okay, sweetie?" My mom asked, concern in her voice.

"Oh, um, yeah! Everything's fine. I'm so glad you guys can come back early!" I faked happy.

"I know, me too! Well I got to go now but I'll see you soon. Love you!"

"Love you, too..." I said and hung up the phone.

"Is everything alright, Emma?" Erwin asked. I remained silent for a moment.

"Emma, is something wrong?" Jake asked, stepping closer to me.

"My parents are coming back home early... Tomorrow night..." I told them. Silence fell over the room.

"So what are we going to do now?" Hanji asked softly.

"I don't know..." I replied.

"Do you think we'll just have to send them back before your parents come back?" Jake asked.

"Guess so..." I replied.

"Hey." Levi put a hand on my shoulder. "Everything's going to be fine." He had a sincere look in his eyes.

"Thanks..."  I slightly smiled.

"Did they say when or what plane they'd be on?" Jake asked.

"She just told me tomorrow night but on the SC Airline night plane." I answered.

"Guess that's just what we'll do then..." Jake said.

"Yeah, guess so..." I replied. Another moment of silence fell over the room.

"Hey! We still got tomorrow, right? So let's make the most of it!" Hanji said. I giggled.

"Yeah, definitely." I replied and we all retired to bed, a bit solemn but filled with hope from Hanji's encouraging words.

Time skip

The next morning wasn't like all the others, obviously. Everybody was still pretty solemn, but tried to put on brave faces. We helped the cast pack their bags with the stuff that they had gotten while they were here. I really was going to miss them. We've spent two whole months together and have gotten so close... Why do they have to leave?

"You okay, Emma?" Jake asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Thank you, though." I replied with a small smile. He saw through it, though, and looked at me with sad eyes.

"Everything's going to be okay." He said softly and pulled me into a hug, one of his hugs that always makes me feel better.

"Thanks..." I replied and hugged him back.

Time skip

The rest of the day was spent lounging around, reflecting on our many memories and times spent together here. It passed by way too fast and before we knew it, it was almost time for them to leave.

We had just finished supper while scrolling through our cosplay pictures that were on my phone, but hooked up to the TV to be shown there.

"I'm going to go take the dishes to the kitchen." I said and unhooked my phone and switched the TV back, it randomly landing on the news.

I was in the kitchen about to wash our dishes, hearing everybody talking with each other in the living room, when suddenly all their talking stopped. Getting curious, I put down what I was doing and walked back into the living room.

"Hey, guys, what's wrong?" I asked, curious and confused. Nobody answered. Their eyes were  glued to the TV screen.

"Guys, what is it-" I was about to finish asking until I saw what they were specifically looking at on the TV.

The SC Arline night plane... crashed... no survivors...

My parents... it can't be...

I felt my eyes start to overflow with tears.

This can't be happening...

No...