Chapter 7 ~ Second Day (Part 2)

Noon came pretty fast. Until then, we walked around the house and outside, me showing them all the different appliances and inventions. They seemed pretty amazed at stuff like the microwave and that we could have light with just the flip of a switch.

We were just relaxing in the living room when we heard a car honk outside. I recognized it as Jake's. "Come on, let's go." I said while grabbing my stuff.

This time, I took Erwin and Levi while Jake took Hanji and Mike. Erwin sat in the passenger seat with Levi in the back. We made light conversation until we got downtown.

"Where do you want to take them, Emma?" Jake asked me.

"We can just walk around and go in any stores we want to." I shrugged.

"Okay." He nodded back.

We walked down the wide sidewalk that had one side full of stores and the other lined with scattered trees beside the road.

"Hey! There's my favorite coffee shop. Let's go there first!" I said, dragging them along.

It was a place called The Muffin Man. I thought it was a pretty cute title. They sold drinks like coffee, hot chocolate, smoothies and tea, along with pastries and light lunch offers like sandwiches.

We walked in and I smelled the familiar air. I loved the smell of coffee.

"Hi, welcome to The Muffin Man. How are you today?" The cashier girl asked us when we stepped up to the counter.

"Good, thank you. Um, can I have a strawberry smoothie?" I ordered.

"Of course." The girl said, putting in my order.

"Erwin, Levi, what do you guys want? I'll pay for you two and Jake can pay for Hanji and Mike." I said to them.

Erwin ordered a cold frappe and Levi ordered black tea. Typical. Mike ordered a plain coffee while Hanji ordered a hot chocolate which is surprisingly really good. Jake ordered his usual plain hot tea. We then took our drinks and sat down by the window. It was a bit silent until Levi spoke up.

"Um, why are there numbers on my drink?" He asked, showing us his drink.

I looked at it. It was a phone number. I chuckled. "Levi, that's a phone number. The cashier girl must have thought that you were pretty handsome." I said with a wink. He looked away with a tiny pink tint on his cheeks. Even though it was kind of funny, I felt a twinge of something inside of me. I put my hand over my heart. Jealousy... But why...

"Emma, are you okay?" Erwin asked me.

"Huh? Oh yeah! I'm fine!" I said while taking another sip of my drink.

We finished our drinks and walked out of the cute coffee shop. After about a minute of walking, we found ourselves in the main square. "Oh!" I said while reaching into my wallet and grabbing six coins. "Come on!" I then ran towards the big fountain in the middle of the square.

"Emma, what is this?" Hanji asked when they all came up to me.

"What you do is you make a wish and then throw a coin into the fountain." I told them.

"And this works?" Levi asked.

"Well, not necessarily, but it's still fun to do." I then stood at the front of the fountain and made my wish. I wish to be able to spend more time with these five... I then tossed my coin into the fountain and they all did the same.

"So, what did you guys wish for?" I asked them.

"Safer expeditions." Both Erwin and Levi said.