Chapter 21 ~ Boardwalk

It was now Wednesday and Jake, the cast and I were walking along the boardwalk full of shops, restaurants and tourist attractions. "So what do you guys want to do first?" Jake asked.

"What's that?" Levi asked, pointing to somewhere. I turned to look at it.

"Oh, that's a mirror maze. Do you guys want to go in it?" I asked.

"Yeah! Let's do it!" Hanji exclaimed.

We went in and thankfully, we had the place to ourselves. Hanji was running around like a mad woman. Well, that is until she ran straight into a mirror. "Ow..." She said while rubbing her head. Jake shook his head and decided to just follow her. I should nickname him Moblit.

"Tch, stupid Four-eyes." Levi grumbled beside me. I giggled and held his hand so we could get through the maze. He was a little freaked out by it all. Erwin and Mike were going through it together and seeming to do pretty good, but still occasionally running into a mirror. They were good, but none of us were good enough.

"Guys, I reached the end!" We heard Hanji yell from somewhere, now out of sight.

"Okay! Just wait for us!"I yelled back.

We soon reached the end and I still felt like my head was spinning.

"So, what now?"Jake asked.

"Oh! Let's go get some ice cream." It was a little after noon and sort of hot. The ice cream helped, though.

"Hey, Emma, we should go in there." Hanji said and pointed out to a haunted house.

"Um... I'm not sure..."

"Come on, Emma, it'll be fun."Jake said.

"Yeah, I'll protect you." Levi said slightly jokingly. I giggled and gave in.

"Fine, let's go." The haunted house included jump scares, mild gore and loud sounds. What's the real harm?

We started the walk-through and so far, nothing had happened.

"Hey, guys, are we sure that we're going in the right direct-" My sentence was cut off when a guy with a mask and fake chainsaw jumped out from behind a curtain.

"Ahh!!" I screamed and jumped onto Levi, almost pushing him down. "Sorry..."

"It's okay..." He said and held my hand through the rest of the walk.

There wasn't too much gore or anything, and everything was going fine until a man jumped out straight in front of Levi and Levi immediately, out of reflex, punched him straight in the face. Thankfully, the workers understood and didn't charge us anything.

Time skip

We kept walking around for the rest of the day, seeing different tourist attractions and street performers. We went in several different shops and ended up eating supper at this really good pizza place on the boardwalk. We decided we'd walk around for about another hour before heading back to the condo.

"Hey, look at that!" Hanji suddenly exclaimed. "It looks so cool! What is it?"

I turned and saw that she was pointing to a pretty high up and fast rollercoaster.

"That's a rollercoaster." Jake said. "You strap in and go pretty fast around things like loops and turns. It's pretty fun."

"Ooh!" She said. "Can I ride it?!"

"If you want to, but I don't feel like riding it myself." Jake said.

"Emma?" She asked me, but we had just ate supper and I intended on keeping my food in my stomach and not letting it come back up due to a rollercoaster.

"Erwin, Mike?" She asked.

"Sorry, but no." Erwin said.

"Only if nobody else will." Mike said.

"How about you, Levi?" Hanji finally asked him. Levi stopped for a moment and thought about it, which actually kind of surprised me.

"Fine." He answered.

"Yay!!" Hanji exclaimed and pulled Levi over to the rollercoaster. We walked over and watched them get in and ready. Hanji had dragged them to the first row of the rollercoaster cart. She was practically bursting due to excitement and anticipation and Levi kept a straight face. That wouldn't last long, though.

When the ride started, we weren't surprised to hear Hanji's yells above everybody else's. She got out and bounded up to us saying how that was "the most fun thing ever." Levi, however, had a hard time getting out due to being so dizzy. I giggled and helped him over to where we were.

We walked over to the booth where they take a picture of you when you're on the ride. Hanji had her hands up in the air while obviously yelling and Levi had the most priceless face ever, totally different from his usual expression.

"Okay, well, I think it's about time that we get going." I said. They all nodded and we walked over to my car to go back to the condo.

Despite being so tired from the day's events, it took me a while to fall asleep that night. I kept thinking about all the entertaining things and funny mishaps that happened that day. The mirror maze... ice cream... Levi accidentally punching that guy in the face... the rollercoaster... It was all so fun.

I wish it could have lasted longer.