Chapter 10 ~ Home alone

It was around 8am the next morning when we were all in the living room just talking. I was keeping an eye out on the time because today I had work. I worked at a pet grooming place called Groomingdales. It was a really cute shop and I had a good boss and good
co-workers.

"Emma, are you okay?" Erwin asked me. "You keep checking your phone."

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." I told him. "I'm just keeping an eye out for the time because I have work in about an hour."

"Ah, I do remember you telling us that." Erwin said.

"Where do you work?" Mike asked.

"I work at this pet grooming place called Groomingdales. I really like it there." I told them.

Hanji gasped very loudly. "CAN I COME?!" She exclaimed.

"Umm... NO." I told her.

"But whyyyyy?" She whined. I just put my head in my hands and shook it.

"Well I have to leave in a few minutes so I'll call Jake over to be with you guys." I told them while picking up my phone to dial Jake before Levi intercepted.

"No need to do that. We'll be fine by ourselves." He stated.

"I don't know..." I said untrustfully.

"Emma, we'll be fine." Levi said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Just as long as Erwin in in charge." I sighed, putting my phone back into my pocket. I guess as long as the commander is in charge, everything should be fine. ... Should.

"There's stuff in the fridge for lunch. Do you guys remember how to work the microwave?" I asked worriedly.

"Yep." Hanji said confidently. Oh dear...

"Well, I'm off. Please just don't make a mess or burn the house down." I told them.

"We'll be fine!" Hanji stated, pushing me towards the door. "Byeee!"

I sighed but then chuckled. "Bye, guys."

Time skip

I walked into work and was greeted by my very happy co-worker, Rachel. Her and I became very close friends right away.

"Hey, Emma!" She said from the counter.

"Hey, Rachel! What's on the schedule today?" I asked her.

"4 dogs who need the full treatment, a few trims and a couple baths only." She said, looking down at our schedule book.

"Alright, I'll go get started." I stated and got to work.

Levi's POV

Emma left the house and we all went back into the living room. "Let's throw a party!" Hanji exclaimed.

"No." I said bluntly, not even bothering to look at her.

"But Leeeviiii!" She whined. Ugh. Four-eyes can be so annoying.

"You saw how concerned Emma was. What would you do if we actually did make a mess and she came home to it?" I asked her.

"Awwe, so Emma is what you're worrying about." She said teasingly while inviting herself to sit rather close to me.

"Shut it, Four-eyes." I told her, looking away.

"You know, Levi." Erwin started up. "I never thought I'd see the day where you had such strong feelings for somebody."

"And why are you so surprised?" I snapped at him.

"We all know you're a very emotional person, Levi." He said. "It wouldn't help to show it every once in a while."