Chapter 11 ~ Kiss

I was up early the next morning laying in bed, thinking about what had happened yesterday.

He said he was in here... to help him sleep... I don't really mind that he was in here. To be honest, I'm flattered. But why do I feel so... happy or... relieved? Is it because I like him? That must be it...

"Well, look who's a morning bird." Hanji said cheerfully, coming into my room. I didn't even notice that she was gone. I guess I was really lost in my thoughts. "Good morning, Emma."

"Good morning, Hanji." I said while sitting up.

"Hm, you look like something's on your mind." Hanji said, crossing her arms like she was examining me.

"N-no... I'm fine." I awkwardly smiled.

"Hmmm, is it something about Captain Shorty?" She asked teasingly. I started blushing.

"W-what? N-no! It isn't!" I said.

"Yes it is." She said, sitting down on my bed. I sighed.

"I know."

She gasped. "What happened?! Tell me!! Did he kiss you again?!"

"W-what? N-no! He didn't!"

"Then what happened?!" She pressed on.

"I... I'll tell you later..." I said, looking down.

"Ughh, Emmaaaa." She whined. "Whatever. Anyways, you need to come downstairs. We have a surprise for you."

"W-what? A surprise? For me?" I asked, confused. Oh dear... What have they done... I'm sure whatever they have done though, their hearts were in the right place... Of course I was thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong. What did they destroy or set on fire?

"Yep, so close your eyes!" Hanji said and put a hand over my eyes. She led me out of my bedroom and through the house. Thankfully, I didn't run into anything. I trusted Hanji, but I knew how out of control she could get sometimes.

We then came to a stop. "Okay, take a look!" Hanji said and removed her hand from my eyes.

I was surprised at what was before me. It was a full cooked breakfast consisting of pancakes, eggs, bacon and what looked like freshly made orange juice.

"Did you guys make this?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"Yep, we did!" Hanji said.

"We figured you deserved it for how much you've done for us already." Erwin stated.

"Awwe, you guys, thank you so much." I said. "You really didn't have to do this-but WAIT!"

I then looked around anxiously. What did they destroy or burn? I then heard someone chuckle behind me.

"Don't worry. I helped, so they didn't destroy anything."

"Jake!" I said as I turned around and saw him. "You helped?"

"Of course I helped. I would do anything for you." He said while stepping closer and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Tch." Levi said.

I blushed a tiny bit at the gesture. I didn't like him but he just did that so naturally in front of everybody else.

"A-anyways..." I started. "Let's eat." I then went to grab the plates and cups but Levi stopped me.

"No. Today, we serve you." He said and sent me a smile. It sent my heart racing. Every time he smiles... I can never get used to it. I don't want to get used to it. It's just so beautiful...