fifty six

yixing;

-before-

"yixing hyung, you got your own scholarship?!" kai asked. i stayed quiet.

"oh really? that's cool! i didn't know you got one besides suho hyung..." kyungsoo gasped.

"guys-" i got cut off.

"oh my god! don't forget about me when you're away~" baekhyun interrupted.

"yes, i got one...and please don't tell sehun yet. im serious..." i looked down at the floor. i wasn't happy...i was more into feeling sad and nervous.

"why? he'll be happy for you!" chen patted my back.

"you don't get it, he'll be very upset because i won't be with him anymore..." i facepalmed. "i don't know what to decide..."

"we won't tell him, hyung. we'll wait until you're ready." kai said.

"we'll respect your decision, yixing. but choose wisely. sehun isn't a person who'll recover easily when someone he truly loves, leaves him..."

-end of flashback-

-

the sound of my alarm clock ringing into my ears like it was the police siren trying to wake me up. why did i even set up an alarm for? i groaned and rubbed my eyes for a better vision. i sat up slowly, staring blankly at the distance. soon, the realization started to hit me.

it was graduation day! the day everyone's happy because our high school life is finally done...no more shitty detentions, no more exhausting yourself until dawn just to get your work done. there were also some people who's sad because they loved high school and too sad to leave their friends for their scholarships and all.

i wasn't ready at all.
i was still not ready to tell my decision.

"are you ready for your graduation, yixing?" sehun said, smiling sweetly.

"no...im not." i muttered, trying my best to keep up a smile.

"why? you should be! you're lucky you won't be attending high school anymore..."

"i know i should, sehun. but im just nervous..." i facepalmed. "what do i do?" i bit my lip nervously.

"you just wait until your name is called and get your certificate from the principal, then tell the audience your speech. then wait for a damn long time until all the students got called. easy?" he rambled innocently.

"you say it like it's not nerve wrecking." i chuckled.

"of course, baby. i am so proud of you!" sehun leaned in to peck my lips gently. "i still can't believe my boyfriend's graduating..."

"i love you, you know that right?" i stared deeply into his eyes.

"i know that." he smirked. i let out a heavy sigh. "hey, why don't you look happy?" he raised a brow.

"no, of course im happy...it's just..." i stopped myself and coughed. he waited for me. "nevermind." i run my hand through sehun's hair. "im just nervous because you won't be there with me on the stage."

"okay, baby boy. you better get ready for the graduation," he kissed my hand. "i'll dress up at home to see you graduate and i'll be back later for you, okay?"

"okay, sehun." i flashed him a shy smile. i still held onto his hand, not letting it go. i stared at him again and then averted my eyes elsewhere. my eyes were watering. "bye."