Chapter 17

Happy late birthday, Tyler! <3 I hate that I forgot, but it was yesterday so it's not that bad. also, im reading A Splitting of The Mind, not sure how to feel because im just in the beginning. so wish me luck???

~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you want to, angel?" Mikey asked, turning away from the T.V to look at me.

"Watch cartoons," I replied, smiling.

I still watched the television, giggling when Tom the cat would get hurt. I looked at Mikey and realized he was staring at me most of the time.

"Can I have animal crackers?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded, leaving the couch to the kitchen. I continued watching the T.V when I heard a buzz, assuming it was a phone. I got up from the couch and looked around. I walked up the stairs to my guest room and soon figured out it was my phone. I opened the text and it was a message from Gerard:

I'm going to be a tad late, sweetie

                                                                                                                 why, daddy??

Just work, baby. don't worry

                                                                                                   ok, ill see u later, daddy

I turned off my phone and saw Mikey standing in the doorway. He smiled at me, holding a bowl filled with animal crackers in his hand. I walked to him and held his free hand, leading him back to the living room.

"Anything going on?" Mikey asked as he placed the bowl between him and I.

"Daddy just said that he's picking me up later today," I informed him, happily eating an animal cracker.

"Okay."

We didn't talk after that, we continued watching Tom & Jerry. I would laugh every time it was necessary. After a while of silence, Mikey asked, "Has Gerard told you anything about his ex?"

"What?" I looked at Mikey.

"Lindsey," He said, eating an animal cracker.

"Um, does it spell like, L-Y-N-Z?" I asked, glancing at the television before looking back at Mikey. He nodded.

"Except, her name is spelled L-I-N-D-S-E-Y," He corrected. "Do you know who she is?"

I shook my head and Mikey continued, "Lindsey was Gerard's ex girlfriend. She probably left him a couple of months ago. I don't really know when because I haven't talked to Gee for awhile."

"Oh," Was all I said, looking down at my lap. I didn't know how I felt except feel a little sad. I don't know why I was sad but I just was; it was the fact that Gerard loved someone else.

"Don't feel bad, I can tell that Gerard has moved on," Mikey said, giving me a reassuring smile. "He has you to take care of, he's always had a trait of caring for someone else. By the looks of it, he's pretty happy with you."

"You mean it?" I asked, looking at him.

"Of course," He confirmed. The conversation was over by its own, and as if on cue the front door was knocked.

"Get ready, sweetie," Mikey said as he stood up, "It's probably Gerard."

I got up from the couch and went to my room. I grabbed my backpack and began packing all my things. I left the room with my backpack and saw Gerard standing by the front door, waiting for me.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed, running to him. I gave him a tight hug, my arms around his neck and his arms holding my waist.

"Have you been a good boy?" He asked, pulling away.

"Yes, daddy," I smiled, "I've been a very good boy."

"Good, I like to hear that," He said, kissing me on the cheek. "Say bye to Mikey."

"Bye, bye, Mikes," I said, hugging Mikey.

Gerard opened the front door before turning around. "I'll call you later," He said to Mikey, who smiling crazy as he nods.

Gerard took my hand and left the house, I made sure to wave at Mikey. I got inside Gerard's car, putting on my seatbelt. After Gerard placed my backpack in the backseat, he came to his side and drove off after putting on his seatbelt.

I wanted to take this moment to ask him about Lindsey, but I figured I can ask him about her when we get home.

It was quiet during the ride and I just played with the hem of my dress. Gerard didn't speak to me after asking me a question.

"Do you want to go to McDonalds now?" He asked.

"Can we go later today?" I asked.

It was only because I was eager to ask him about Lindsey. I wanted to know what she meant to him, or where she was. Or how they broke up, I wanted to mostly know everything about her.

"Sure, we can go later," He smiled, glancing at me before looking at the road again.