Chapter 24

Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah :) ~J

I pouted, crossing my arms as I watched Gerard grabbing his things. He wore a white buttoned up shirt, a black waist coat, and a red tie with black stripes. His hair was ruffled and messy but he can still pull off the good look.

"Why now?" I asked, uncrossing my arms. "You usually go to work in the mornings and you're off today. Where are you going?"

"I just have to run to work and do a little bit of work, baby. I'll be back in a few hours," He said, picking up his keys and phone.

"Few hours?!" I shrieked. "What kind of errands? I'll go with you, please don't leave me alone."

"I would take you but it'll be boring. You're going to get bored so easily," He sadly smiled at me. "I'll be back before you know it."

"No! I'm going," I insisted. I ran upstairs to my room before letting Gerard answer. I put on my white overalls, my baby blue shirt under. I slipped on my black vans, running downstairs. "Okay, I'm ready to go."

"You're not going."

"But, daddy," I whined, crossing my arms. "I want to go-"

"No, you're staying. You're going to be a good boy and stay here while I go and do important things," He sternly said. "Understand?"

"Yes," I murmured.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, daddy," I corrected myself, speaking louder. He nodded and gave me a kiss before leaving. I huffed and sat on the couch, watching Gerard leave through the window. As soon he left the driveway, I went upstairs to my room.

I grabbed my backpack, putting money, my pacifier, stuffed duck, and my secret stash of candy I've hidden under my bed. I zipped it up and put my phone in the little pocket that's in front of the backpack. I walked back downstairs, going to the kitchen and packing myself goldfish crackers in a small bag.

I made sure to get a sweater before leaving the house. I locked the door with my key and left off to where Gerard probably went. I walked all the way to the bus stop, sitting casually on the waiting bench. Luckily, no one spoke to me; I've always felt awkward when someone talked to me.

Long minutes have passed and they've felt like hours, but finally the bus has arrived and I got in. I took money out of my backpack and gave it to the bus driver before taking a seat all the way in the back of the bus.

When there was a stop and I hurriedly got out. I looked up and saw the big building in front of me- Gerard's work.

I approached the front doors, a guy walking out and holding it for me. I thanked him and continued walking in. I held onto the straps of my mini backpack, going into the elevators. Getting out of the elevator, I stepped in the familiar floor; I saw Jamia and smiled at her.

"Hey, Frankie," She greeted, looking up from her computer.

"Hi, Mia," I smiled, looking around for Gerard. "Do you know where Gerard is?"

"Um, he doesn't work today," She frowned, "Did he tell you he was going to be here?"

I nodded, "He said that he needed to do a bit of work."

"Well, I'm sorry, Frankie," Jamia apologized, "He didn't come in today at all."

"Oh," I muttered. "Thanks, Jamia. I'll see you." I waved to her and left. When I left his work, I went to the bus and drove straight home.

I unlocked the door, only to be welcomed by Sweet Pea and Noodles. I giggled, crouching down to pet them. I stood back up and strolled to my room, plopping on my bed.

"Where is he?" I muttered to myself.

Sweet Pea came in my room without Noodles. She hopped on my bed and made herself comfortable. I smiled and leaned over to pet her head gently. I leaned back on my bed, curling into a ball, falling asleep.

"Sweetheart," A voice cooed, waking me up.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, frowning when my hand fell and laid on my lap. I glanced beside me, and it was three in the afternoon.

"Where were you, daddy?" I questioned.

"I had to go to work, remember?" He replied, moving my hair out of my eyes. I couldn't help but blush and give him a small kiss.

"But you weren't there," I muttered.

"You went to my work?" He asked, raising a brow. I nodded and he looked upset. "You left without my permission, that's unacceptable."

"Daddy, please," I begged, "I- I just wanted to see you because I missed you."

"You're getting a timeout," He said, but the tone of his voice sounded guilty.

"Who called you yesterday?" I blurted out, remembering the strange call he has received yesterday.

"What?"

"I heard you talking to someone on the phone, telling them you'll meet them tomorrow, which is today," I answered, my lip quivering a bit, "Is that where you went? You went to meet someone?"

"No, sweetie, don't cry," He pleaded, cupping my face. Those exact words were the ones I heard yesterday, which only caused me to cry even more.

"Baby, I would never cheat on you," He said abrasively.

"Then who were you talking to?" I cried.

"I- I- Patrick," He stuttered. I wiped my tears and looked at him in confusion. "He's an old friend of mine and he's sensitive and emotional, I told him I couldn't meet him today but he cried and I felt bad so I came over."

"Why didn't you just tell me that?" I croaked out. "That was very nice of you but why didn't you tell me the truth?"

"I don't know," Gerard sighed, wrapping an arm around me. "I'm sorry."

"Its okay, but you made me feel unloved, daddy," I whispered, looking down at my lap.

"Aw, sweetie," He cooed, lifting my chin up and giving me a small kiss, "I will always love you."