17 || step

Dear Ladybug,

Everything is so expensive. My parents are trying to start buying things in advance because I will eventually need them.

A wheel chair. A BiPaP machine. They're looking into feeding tubes.

It sucks. I know it's not my fault that I'm sick yet part of me feels guilty. I don't know why I feel so guilty all the time. I mean I guess I do. It's kinda obvious.

When I'm gone I'm going to leave a big gaping hole in their lives.

I want to tell them to stop. Let the inevitable happen.

What's the point anymore?

Always,
Marinette.

Adrien shut her diary with a sigh. This had to be one of the earlier entries. He ran his hand down the worn spine of the journal. This was all he had left of her. Adrien had to cherish it no matter how much it hurt him. No matter how much he missed her.

The young man set her book down gently. He gazed at it carefully one last time before turning off his desk lamp. Adrien left quietly to see the Dupain-Cheng's. He just wanted to make sure Sabine was okay.

Tom answered the door. It looked like he hadn't slept but a faint smile still graced his features. It looked tired and sad but nothing about it was forced or fake. "Good morning Adrien. What brings you around?"

Adrien stuck his hands in his pockets. "I wanted to check in on you guys... I just wanted to see how Sabine was doing..." The blond male trailed off and Tom nodded.

"She's up in," There was a pause like saying his own daughter's name was painful. "Marinette's room." The older man choked out. Adrien felt himself tense. He didn't want to go into her room. Not yet at least. "Sabine spends almost all her time up there," Tom said slowly. "I don't know when she'll be down."

"I'll check on her." Adrien grit his teeth as he ascended the stairs. Every step was more painful then the last. When he finally reached her pink room Adrien felt like the stone in his stomach had moved to his chest, constricting his airflow and making it impossible to breathe.

The younger male moved towards Marinette's mother. She cried silent and inconsistent tears as she leaned against her daughter's bed. She looked like she had aged a lifetime since he had last saw her. There seem to be no life left in the woman which only made his chest ache more.

Adrien didn't say anything. There was nothing to say in the situation. He held her hand gently and sat by her as she cried. Adrien did his best to be there for her.

Everything smelt like her. His head was spinning. Some part of him wanted to leave while the other wanted to bury his head in her pillowcase and bathe in what was left of Marinette.

It just made him miss her even more.