22 || rain

It was pouring. Adrien had decided to take a walk earlier and couldn't bring himself to go back home. Marinette's diary laid there waiting for him to read it and deliver more letters. He hoped there hadn't been anymore but almost could feel that there would definitely be more.

His black hoodie shielded him from the rain the best it could but he was still soaked. Adrien had forgotten an umbrella amongst other things. He didn't have his phone, wallet, or keys on him either.

He stood on the edge of the curb. Cars and hurried pedestrians passed by him but he stared unblinkingly at the middle of the road.

He could just jump. It would all be over. Adrien could just step into oncoming traffic. All his pain, all his grief would be gone. His whole body shook from the sobs but not a single person asked if he was okay.

Adrien willed his feet to move forward but couldn't. He would have to wait for the next car.

That car was moving too slow. He wanted death, not a painful living. If he jumped he would seriously hurt but nothing too life-threatening.

Finally, Adrien saw his chance. The car was going a little too fast on the slippery road. He could do it. He wanted to do it. He waited. Waited. Just as he was about to step forward and let the car hit him a black cat nudged his leg.

Adrien looked down, distracted by the small creature. The car passed and Adrien took a breath. He was still alive. He was frustrated. Not at the cat but at himself.

"I'm not going to thank you if that's what you're hoping for," Adrien grumbled to the cat. He must have looked crazy.

The cat purred and weaved its way in between his legs. Adrien watched the cat carefully. "I'm going home so you should too." He interrupted the cats moments and started walking back to his house. Adrien knew the diary waited his very return.

The cat followed. "Shoo! I'm not going to jump on the way back. You can leave now." Adrien motioned the other direction hoping the cat would get his message. The only thing it did was trot alongside him. Adrien sighed. "You really are difficult." He scooped the black cat in his arms and walked back to his mansion.

The black cat didn't protest and Adrien didn't jump.