letter 2

Dear Chloé,

This letter was the letter that I never thought I'd finish writing. I don't really know what to say to you. My pen falters and I just get stuck.

I know you feel bad about what you did and what's happening to me now. Everything about you screams it. You're feeling guilty yet you never show it. So I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you.

Backtracking a bit, at one point I couldn't stand you. You were awful to me. I was awful to you. The cycle continued forever and ever and ever. We couldn't change itor just didn't want to. I'm not exactly sure which it was but you get the point. This cycle was pretty much infinite and never ending.

Until it isn't.

Until one day your archenemy sits with you in your hospital room all day so you won't be lonely and drive yourself mad with grief.

You really surprised me. I never expected it.

Yet you were one of the only few people who came to visit me, stayed by my side, and didn't pity me.

I guess I really needed that. You didn't treat me like I was dying. You treated me the same with perhaps a bit more care than you let on. I could see it in your eyes. You cared but you weren't going to sit by me and just cry for hours. You made me feel sort of normal I guess.

So thank you. Thank you for being you Chloé. I never would have expected such an ending that was truly us until now. Until this very moment.

Friends but not exactly friends. That's totally us and I like that.

If there's one thing I want to tell you it's this; your kindness will not be mistaken for weakness. I promise you.

I know we mean different things to each other but I still want you to know that you were special to me, became special to me.

I think you are really amazing and so so beautiful and complex. I promise someday someone will see this and accept you, all of you, for you. You just have to wait.

I promise things will get better.

I can never thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I sincerely mean it. I'm so glad I got to have Chloé Bourgeois in my life even if it was for only a short time.

So see you in the next life! I really hope we can be better friends—dare I say best friendsin our next life. To us in this one and to us in the next one.

Always,
Marinette.

P.S. I forgive you Chloé. It's okay to forgive yourself.