26 || dizzy

Adrien had read most of her diary. The thought terrified him to no end. Once it was over Marinette would truly be gone. There wouldn't be finding her in her words anymore. He'd just be empty again.

He leaned back in his desk chair and looked at the diary. The blonde male had a task and he didn't think he would be up for it. The next letter that he had to deliver was to her best friend. He looked up at his ceiling and tried to imagine Alya's reaction but couldn't. His mind was far to imaginative and a thousand different scenarios ran through it. The only way he would find out was if he gave it to her. Adrien glanced back down trying to find courage or solace in her writing.

Dear Adrien,

I know this letter will be difficult to deliver which is why it wasn't first. Alya may seem like she's fine but that's just a mask that she puts up when she's around others.

I saw it when her grandmother died so I can only imagine how she will be when I'm gone.

I want you to look after her. She's my best friend and I can't imagine her alone. I don't want to imagine her alone. Please don't leave her alone.

I know I can only ask so much of you and I don't ever want to take advantage of you but every once in awhile just call her. We used to call each other every day and I'd hate to think that she still sits up waiting for her phone to ring. (It won't. There's no such thing as a ghost phone! Though if there was I'd be sure to call you haha!)

I'll end this here because she's actually calling me right now. Thank you, Adrien.

Always,
Marinette.

He didn't find either in her words. Adrien actually felt a bit worse. He took the letter from the page and made up his mind to leave that minute for the Césaire residence.

Adrien didn't actually leave for another twenty minutes. His mind swam with all the possibilities and it made him dizzy.