Chapter 5

F**K!

Those f**king b*stards! I'll kill them all!

With shaking hands, I lift up Thia's shirt to show a blood gushing bullet hole. I'm seeing red and it's not the blood. My vision is literally tinted red.

My d*mn brothers finally return with the first aid, Caleb kneels next to me and quickly sets to work getting the bullet out. She is unconscious now, her fragile body unable to handle the pain and blood loss.

Shaking with rage, I shoot the wall a few times to try and ease the anger.

"You'll damage her ears," mumbles Davion who stands a few yards away with a concerned look on his fugly face.

I drop my gun to the floor with a loud clatter and fist my hands in my hair.

I could have saved her. I should have been protecting her! The little woman is dying because of my negligence!

"Got it," says Caleb, holding up a pair of long bloody tweezers with a bloody bullet in its grasp. He cleans her wound and wraps it after sliming salve all over the couple stitches.

Carefully, I lift her frail, limp body into my arms and hold her against my chest.

I carry the unconscious female up the stairs to my room and gently lay her on my bed. Before I pull the duvet over her, I undress her down to her underwear and slip the softest shirt I have over her tiny frame.

I find myself just staring at her peaceful face, not wanting to look away.

So, I kneel next to the bed and take her tiny hand in mine, simply watching her.

What the hell is wrong with me? This little bit of crazy is completely destroying my walls!