Ch. Six: A...Ball?

Chapter Six: A...Ball?

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

As I quietly watch the scene before me unfold, I didn't know that Sebastian was on my left and Claude on my right standing and having a silent glare battle.

I try to keep myself from being noticed by the young lord's guest. So I left by normally walking to the door that leads to the hall. I wasn't even a few feet from the door when an ear-piercing noise interrupted my moment of escape.

After the noise, I was swung in circles, then about to suffocate by a tight hug by none other than 'Elizabeth' herself. 'Why do I feel like I'm suffocating, losing my breath. Is it that time already?'

"You are so cute!" I hear her faintly say on and on and on.

As the color on my face fades from the lack of oxygen, I was saved by Sebastian from completely fainting from the death-hug Elizabeth gave.

"Lady Midford, please let go of our maid. I think she doesn't want to meet Death early." Sebastian said with his calming and gentle voice.

Lady Midford let go of me then apologizes as tears tried to escape from the corners of her eyes.

"Lady Elizabeth please don't cry! It's alright, I am completely fine!" I try to calm her by massaging her shoulders with the best I can.

She looked up as tears are already pouring down her pink cheeks. I give her a handkerchief to dry the tears that kept falling.

Again, I was in a hug -but thank goodness it was just a gentle one- by Lady Midford.

"S-sorry for almost ki-killing y-you... I d-di-didn't m-mean i-it..." She said as sadness covers her face.

"It's alright Milady, it was never your fault nor anyone in particular." She released me from the hug.

"Oops, where are my manners! My name is Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford, but you can call me Lizzie!" She introduced herself. "And oh wait! I have a cute dress that can fit perfectly on you!"

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N), a pleasure to meet you." I replied and curtsied. "Thank you for the offer but I may decline. I cannot wear something in your class." I state, and I notice that I am being ignored now, just because I ignored Lo-Alois doesn't mean I have to be ignored too.

"Ciel! How about we host a ball?!" She turned to her annoyed fiance.

"No." Was all he said. "I have paperwork to do."

'Quite short for a response, I guess he really wants his work done without interruptions.'

"Aww but Ciel....." Lizzie says, as her face changes into what seems to represent a puppy, especially with her unusually big eyes.

"F-fine..we'll host a ball. But just for tonight." He said even if he doesn't like the idea.

I smirk for the Young Earl's defeat by only his fiance. In the corners of my eyes, I see Ciel glaring at my well-being.

I notice I was still in my human form... it'll take long before I go back. And even if I tried to, it will be noticeable to the two innocent eyes that are in front of us.

"I'm going to leave now Ciel, I need to get ready if you're hosting a ball tonight." Alois turned to me and I was hugged -for the third time today- by him before he said his goodbye, heading off.

•∆•
Thanks for reading, leave a comment if you have a question.

Cya! 🙋