Ch. Ten: A Phone Call (1)

Chapter Ten: A Phone Call (1)

Earlier that day, 3rd Person's P.O.V.

The night was quite lively as it was filled with chattering, laughing and people enjoying the time of their lives. Some individuals dance in the center of the ballroom as they are accompanied by the orchestra that is playing a melodic tune, while some were by the sides, drinking wine or associating themselves with others.

A melodic symphony plays through the air as if an angel had grabbed a microphone and decided to hum.

Elegance seems to seep out of every female as they twirl their gowns around like a carousel while waltzing to the music, their expensive jewelry swaying as they do so. Even the (H/c)-ette maid has started to blend in to her surroundings as she wears a (F/c) evening gown and continues to gracefully dance with four men.

Where three of which were soon to fall in love.

But that isn't the point.

Because amidst all of that, there was a man that stood on the sides, a wine glass on his hand as his brown eyes stare at the host of the ball like a predator watching his victim. A lion preying on a deer. The host and the owner of this - quite massive - estate is none other than Earl Ciel Phantomhive, the Queen's loyal Guard Dog.

The earl of the estate bows as a girl curtsies in reply, and they separate from each other. To associate with other noblemen and noblewomen is for Ciel. Meanwhile, for the beautiful (H/c) girl named (Y/n), her attention was caught by a man - no later than his early thirties - that was standing near the wall.

The unknown man takes a sip of his beverage as the sound of music stops, signaling the end of the third dance, as people separated and went away from the center to take a break while others simply awaited for the fourth and last dance of the evening.

Although unknown to the mysterious man, and possibly everyone else, was the demon that possessed a young male noble as he lingered near the said man, who we now may know as Logan Taylor.

I suppose you're here for a reason eh? You don't seem to be enjoying the party.

'W-who are you?!' Logan asks without moving his lips as his brown eyes searches the area where he resided in. A lot of people filled his peripheral vision, but not one of them showed any sign of interaction with the brunet.

He shook his head as a massive headache erupts.

Relax, I am only here to help you with your mission. Besides, my name is not of importance, what you should worry about is how you would progress with your mission.

'What does that even mean?! What are you?!' The man keeps his eyes switching between the very people that are chattering in front of him, though, he didn't notice the teen that had been eyeing him the whole entire time they had been conversing.

The sound of sighing resonates through Logan's mind as the demon had started to get annoyed, and should I add that if he were to, he would want to kill this man on the spot. But luckily for Logan, killing him wasn't part of the plan. So the demon held himself together and finally replied.

Alright human, if you insist on asking then I shall do nothing but answer; I am only but a mere demon. But fear not, I will not eat your soul.

You are not much of a meal anyway.

Logan felt the urge to yell in anger as he got offended by the creature's comment, but he only bit his bottom lip and shook his head of the thought. He couldn't do that, he's talking to a demon for Pete's sake! And also, he realized that he was still in the presence of a lot of people, so he just continued to listen.

In fact, I am here to help you with your mission. Your very important mission. If you agree with my offer, then you must do me a favor as well, ey?

How am I certain that this is not a trick?

I can assure you; I will not do such a thing. I promise.

Alright, then how do you suppose to help me then?

Oh, but of course. Follow me and I will tell you of my plan, and I will also demonstrate to you how to do it.

As the creature had said this, a young nobleman had walked his way to Logan's sight until he had stopped right in front of him.

"Come," he said. "We must discuss this in another place."

The nobleman had the same voice as the voice in my head, Logan concluded and so he followed this man into a hallway where they would discuss their plan.

-0-0-0-

Thanks for reading, leave a comment if you have a question. Sorry for being a day late Cya!