Ch. Twelve: The Pianist & The Pupil

Chapter Twelve: The Pianist & The Pupil

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Oh, Mr. Michaelis." I squeaked with a small smile as I turned around to face him, my hand rises to land on to my chest as I hear the sound of my heart beating loudly.

"Are you alright?" He ask as worry laces his tone, surprising me considering that Sebastian wouldn't normally be saying this.

"Huh? Oh y-yes, I'm fine." I stuttered with a close-eyed smile, I could feel my cheeks lightly heating up from the embarrassment I felt. Silence soon envelopes us in a deathly grip, and it wasn't the pleasant type. To take my attention away from what just happened, I divert my eyes to anything but Sebastian and to something else.

My (E/C) eyes soon lands back to the grand piano that sits right next to me. Deciding to slice up the awful awkward silence into a sliced fruit, I cleared up my throat and spoke; "U-um, I don't know how to."

"Pardon me?"

I decided to finally raise my head at his question, and tested my courage and finally looked up to Sebastian's crimson eyes and said, "The piano. I don't know how to play it."

"Perhaps I could teach you?"

His smooth voice allures me as I my eyes follow his movements. He walks towards my direction and pulls out a piano bench from under the Grand piano before sitting on it. He lifts up the fall board* and moved his feet to lay on the pedals. His hands fold neatly into his lap as he sits in silence. I raise an eyebrow until I realized that I was supposed to sit next to him, so that is what I did.

Again, heat rushed to my cheeks as I hang my head low in embarrassment. Suddenly, a pair of gloved hands held my face and forced me to look up to whoever they belong to. I look up to Sebastian's face, and into his enchanting crimson eyes. "Don't look down, I can't see your beautiful face."

My cheeks burned more so than they did before, but it wasn't from embarrassment, now, it was from the compliment this cat-loving crow demon gave me. And I could swear that my face would really represent a living tomahto right now.

And come to think of it, I would prefer to change into that and just hide.

But it seems that I can't.

Anyway, back to the main plot.

I looked at Sebastian as he slowly let's go of my face and turns his body to face the piano keys. He places his hands on the keys and starts to play a tune. I listen as his fingers dance around while making a melody.

~Timeskip brought to you by Beethoven's Symphony No. 5~

I press the last two keys as I finish doing what he showed me earlier. The sound of clapping suddenly puts me out of my daze as I turn my head to look at Sebastian as his gloved hands move to make the sound.

"Well done." He says as a small - and barely noticeable - smile appears on his face, and disappears just as fast as it came. "Now, let me teach you another piece. How about Mozart's Symphony No. 40 in G Minor?"

He asks but I never did nothing but stay silent. My eyes began to droop as I raise a hand to cover my mouth as I yawn.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes..." I faintly say, almost whisper-like, then I straightened up as I repeated, "Yes, I'm fine Sebastian. Continue."

He turns back to the keys and begins to play, but at the middle of the piece I began to slowly doze off. My head leans into his shoulder, my eyes closing, as his shoulder stiffens from the sudden contact. "Are you sleepy, (Y/n)?"

My tired self couldn't reply, so all I did was hum.

"Let's bring you back to your room."

- o - o - o -
Hello~! First of all thanks for reading! 😊😊

Second, I'm sorry if Seb's a bit OOC but that's bcuz of my plot, so oh well.😄😅😅

Third, thanks again for reading! Have a pleasant day/night everyreader! If you have any questions just ask!

C y a!