Ch. Nineteen: Calm Down And Focus

A/n: very bad grammar and wrong use of words ahead. Proceed with caution.

.---.

- o - o - o -

Ch. Nineteen: Calm Down And Focus

(Y/n)'s Perspective

"Calm down; you needn't worry."

"Easy for you to say, you do not feel as if you have sea legs."

"And here I thought you already knew how to skate."

"Is it a crime to forget?!"

I retort back at him as he continues to 'teach me' how to skate. He skates towards me and brings out his hand, I accept it as he pulls me up to my feet. I bend down to pat the snow off my coat,  and when I straightened my posture I noticed the annoyed look Austin sends me (or at least I think it's towards me) but it quickly disappears as it gets replaced by a smile.

"Now," the brunet starts by grabbing unto my shoulders with a, determined look on his face? "You need to calm down, this is easy, you can do this."

"Just focus on the target."

Hold on—

What target?

"I heard that." He utters annoyed under his breath, and since I'm a demon, I heard it. I raised an eyebrow, once again, as I wondered what he may meant by 'he heard it'.

His grip on my shoulders suddenly begins to get tighter and tighter (not that I mind the pressure he is putting unto my shoulders), but his behaviour...it really is concerning.

I raise an eyebrow as he sends a glare at me once again, or at something I guess was behind me. "What did you say?" I ask as Austin starts to blink repeatedly before his blue orbs gaze at me.

"What?"

"Who are you talking to?" I question as I tried to turn my head to look behind me, but Tin takes my attention back to him as he starts talking again.

"No one, just, uh...

.....giving myself a boost on the teaching thing."

???'s Perspective

I snorted.

"Nicely done, flame brain." I said as I snickered when seeing the annoyed look flash through his eyes once again as an irk mark starts to grow on his forehead. I heard him clear his throat before looking at the retched girl once again.

I turned around to hide myself back into the oak tree that I was hiding behind when I saw the girl turn her head towards me. After a few moments I hear Austin suddenly exclaim and I winced, both because; 1. I thought my cover would be blown in a second and 2. It sounded like a screech.

Like that of a chalk board and a sharp object scratching each other.

((that did not sound right....))

R.i.p. my eardrums. And probably that girl's too. But who am I to care?

Anyways.

I sway my right hand downwards as an ice bow appears wrapped between my fingers, I place my free hand over the almost-invisible band and fold my hand around it as if holding an arrow with it. Then I pull it a bit as a light blue smoke forms around my left hand before it vanishes, revealing an ice arrow as I pull it back with the band.

I turned back to the edge of the tree only to point the bow at the girl.

((Is that correct? The edge of a......tree? at least better than 'corner of the tree' aaaaaa))

I close my left eye as I focus on my target, my hands lightly shaking making the bow move side-to-side before finally adjusting. My grip on the bow becomes tighter as I continue to focus on the figure that stand only a few meters away from me.

Before I let go of it.

I watch as the ice arrow pierces through the air as it quickly moves, about to stab itself through the demon princess's back before it missed, quickly sticking its sharp point into the bark of a random tree after passing by numerous human civilians that had missed it by a hair.

I grit my teeth.

"Why did you fudging pull her away from the arrow?!" I yell telepathically in his head as I send a glare at his skull as he continues to teach the damned girl how to dance on ice.

"..."

'Silent treatment, huh?'

I lift the bow once again, with an arrow between my fingers, before pulling the band as I focus on my -now annoyingly moving- target. Before letting it go.

It misses, once again, and hits the snow and I grit my teeth before shooting another one.

Missed. And another one,

Missed.

I released a low growl emanating from the bowels of my throat before I started shooting continuously without a care if I hit Austin or some random person.

I finally summon five arrows and focusing them in their direction before letting go watching as they zoom to stab the the demon girl before they all missed, courtesy of Austin as he dips both of them, making the arrows shoot right through them and miss.

((Hit or miss? I guess she always miss, huh? She got a sidekick, I guess he makes her miss, HUHH??))

"FOR FUDGE'S SAKE."

(Y/n)'s Perspective

We finish our 'dance' with a dip, as I notice a blur of something pass between the space separating both mine and Austin's face. He lifts me straight back to my feet and bows with a hand to his chest, me doing a curtsy in return before standing up straight once again.

"FOR FUDGE'S SAKE."

A scream rips through the silence and I turned my head to my left, to the woods, before seeing a silhouette of a person peeking from behind one of the trees before disappearing as if it never was there. I raise an eyebrow before skating towards their direction with my newfound (actually re-birthed) skill, this time without Austin trying to distract me away from it.

But it seems as though something else wants me to get away from it.

A loud thunder erupted from the sky, before lightning strikes right at the middle of the ice lake, making it shake and crack up to my feet as I fell to my bottom once again. Smoke surrounded the area the lightning hit, making everyone unable to see anything, me included.

But then glowing orange orbs appeared.

In result, all the humans screamed in terror but I held my ground, waiting for the next thing to happen.

The eyes seemed to glare at something as the smoke slowly dispensed, allowing us to -slowly might I add- see what it is. And there lies a silhouette of a girl standing there as her glowing orange eyes send a murderous glare at everything and everyone.

Until they landed on me.

"You..." It says, walking towards my direction as a scary aura emanates from it.

I gulped.

Me?

- o - o - o -
IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER NFUFUFU (Ew, laito–!).

BUT DONT FRET, IF YA READ MY BOOK UPDATIN' SCHEDULE LOCATED IN MY PROFILE PAGE, THEN IM HAPPY TO SAY THAT THE NEXT CHAP IS COMING IN A FEW MINUTES.....

Austin: stop screaming 0h mAh gaHd.

Fine.

I apologise for the caps. This is just me when im frustrated and shit–I m-mean uh, shiFU.

And uh, thanks for reading 💕

C y a !