Part 4

He had stayed in bed the whole weekend throwing up from time to time. He couldn't hold anything inside his stomach except noodle soup. Derek stayed with him and cared for him. Noah had to go to the sheriff's department but had a bad feeling about not being there for his son. "I'll call you if anything happens", Derek told him and Noah obliged. "Promise me you'll take good care of him", he said full on knowing that Derek would have done that anyway. "I promise, Noah. Now go, the city needs you and there is no one else to take good care of it", Derek said knowing that he would have argued that Stiles needed him as well. Noah sighed defeated and grabbed his jacket. He headed out and was soon gone with the police car.
Derek ate soup throughout the whole weekend so Stiles wouldn't feel the need to throw up when he smelled the other food on him. Scott called him every few hours to check up on him and on one point even came over. Derek had to pretend he also came to look after him just a few minutes ago and Scott believed him. "Hey can I talk to you for a second?", Scott asked Derek after checking up on Stiles. "Sure", he replied. "Are you okay for a few moments on your own here, buddy?", Scott asked Stiles who just nodded into his pillow,  feeling too weak to lift his head. Derek followed Scott out of the room into the hall. Scott looked to the floor taking a deep breath and Derek prepared himself for everything except the thing that happened next. "Derek, I'm sorry. I just felt so left out in the last weeks. Isaac and Stiles are now really good friends of yours too and I felt like I was losing my best friends. I shouldn't  have let my frustration out on you. I am really sorry", Scott explained his anger towards his alpha. "I didn't want to give you the feeling I am stealing something from you. I was just glad I had something that felt like a family again", Derek admitted towards his beta, whose face fell even more. "Oh, shit. I didn't even think about that.  I'm really sorry, man. Can you forgive me? I promise I will stop being an ass just because I'm jealous", Scott pleaded. "Of course I'll forgive you. You're my beta, Scott. I count you as family. Family may fight at some times but always makes up eventually", Derek smiled slightly. "I just don't want you to feel left out because of my anger. You know, I count you as family as well", Scott said and Derek acted on his emotions for once (on someone else than Stiles) and pulled his beta into a hug. Scott hugged back and they eventually returned to Stiles. Scott refused to leave his sick best friend and so they spend the rest of the sunday with Stiles. On monday morning Stiles persisted to go to school and told both Derek and Scott who had slept on his floor that he was feeling much better and was actually kind of hungry. They only believed him when he ate some toast and was actually able to keep it inside his stomach once again. Scott drove himself and Stiles to school in the Jeep. "Do you think your flu is over?", Scott asked on the way. "I hope so. I hate throwing up, it's so gross", Stiles replied. When they arrived Isaac was the first one to spot them in the parking lot. "Stiles!", he smiled brightly at his friend "are you feeling better?" "Mostly good", Stiles answered truthfully while making his way inside the building guarded by Scott and Isaac. They had different classes tho. Stiles had a biology class which none of his friends attended. They talked about animal pregnancy and Stiles zoned out pretty fast. Until one question caught his attention. "Is it true that male wolves can get pregnant?", one girl in the front row asked the teacher. "No it's not", the teacher said and Stiles let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. Why was he nervous about this question? "This believe comes from ancient mythology", the teacher went on "it was believed that when a wolf, and in later mythology a werewolf, was an alpha and some criterias were fulfilled he couldn't only get females pregnant but males as well. That is not true of course as males don't have the necessary organs to carry a baby. When I think about that theory now, these people were really open about homosexuality". Stiles' breath caught in his throat. Someone, he couldn't quite make out who, in the room asked about said criterias. "Oh, um... something like full moon and mates... a lot of mythological stuff. It's a nice theory, but a myth nevertheless. Sorry to disappoint you", the teacher moved on to another topic. Stiles was shaking. Derek told him that he was his mate as soon as he had found it out, which was about after three months of their relationship. He said he just knew and that a wolf would feel that. Stiles had never been so happy in his life. And it had been a full moon the night of their anniversary. The puzzle pieces fit horrifyingly good together. He began sweating. The vomiting added up in the theory as well, which made Stiles feel a hell of a lot fear. "Fuck", he breathed out. "Is everything alright, Mr. Stilinski?", the teacher asked noticing how pale Stiles had become. "The flu", he whispered absentmindedly "I better head home". "Alright, get well soon", the teacher smiled at him as she dismissed him from class. Stiles tried to breath calmly. Maybe it's just the flu, he thought, all this was just a myth. Maybe it's not true. Yeah, like werewolves aren't real, another voice in his head piped up. "Fuck, fuck, fuck", he cursed and fumbled for his keys that Scott, thank god, had given back to him when they had arrived in school earlier. He drove a little out of town, so no one would know him or recognize him as the sheriff's son. It was a miracle he ended up without forcing a car crash as nervous as he was. He went into a drug store and bought something he never thought he'll ever need, especially not after finding out he was gay and after he got together with Derek - a pregnancy test.