Part 16

"I am so excited to tell my dad and Melissa", Stiles told Derek when they were on their way to Stiles' house in his Jeep. "We could tell them after dinner?", Derek suggested. "Yeah, when we relax in the living room afterwards", Stiles said and smiled. He was rubbing his baby bump, not taking his eyes off it. Derek noticed and furrowed his brows. "Is everything alright with you, baby?", he asked then and Stiles looked up at him. "Huh? Yeah of course", he nodded but Derek didn't buy it. "Talk to me", he said softly. "I am just afraid I won't be a good dad. I'm still so young and don't know anything about parenting. What if I suck at it? What if our babies hate me?", Stiles panicked. Derek pulled the car off the road and turned towards Stiles. "First of all, you care for everyone in the pack, if anyone will be a good parent, it's you. Second and most important, these babies are half you and half me so how could they not absolutely love you? You are worrying too much. We can do this! I mean of course it will be hard and don't think I am not panicking too because I am, but... you are making me the most happy person in the whole wide world and as much as I am afraid, I am excited a hundred times more", Derek carressed his mate's cheek, who had started crying a little. "You will be such a good father", Stiles said softly and leant in to kiss him. "If times get hard, we have Noah to help us", Derek laughed. "Yeah, and we have the pack to help us, too. I feel like Peter will be a good uncle for our babies", Stiles said and Derek nodded agreeing with him. They then drove home and entered the house. "Hey, dad. We're home. Oh hey Melissa", Stiles said as he entered the living room. "Hey son", Noah said as Stiles and Derek sat down. "How are you?", Melissa asked and Stiles said that he was feeling good today. "Hey, baby. I need to go get something. I'll return soon", Derek said and kissed Stiles' cheek. "Okay. Be home for dinner at six. I'm starving already. Stay safe! I love you", Stiles told him. "I will and I love you too", Derek kissed him again then said his goodbye and left. "Melissa, could you maybe help me with preparing the dinner?", Stiles asked uncomfortable, he didn't like asking for help, but he couldn't stand for too long without getting horrible back pain and a helping hand would be really nice. "I'd love to", she smiled and they headed to the kitchen, leaving Noah behind to rest.
Derek returned at five and joined Noah in the living room. Soon the dinner was ready and it was wonderful, they all agreed. "Let's leave the dishes for later. We wanted to talk to you", Stiles spoke up and Noah looked up worried. "Is something wrong with the baby?", he asked and Melissa's eyes got wide and worried as well. "No! God no! Everything is perfectly fine. Let's move it to the living room, shall we?", Stiles reassured them and they all stood up and moved to sit on the couches opposite of each other. Stiles took Derek's hand and smiled at him. "What did you wanna talk about?", Noah asked and Stiles fumbled in his pocket to pull an oultrasound picture out. "Well, I paid Deaton a visit today and I wanted to show you the new ultrasound", he said and handed them the picture. Noah took it and looked at it fondly. He didn't have any clue but Stiles knew Melissa would notice and she did. She looked at the picture intense and suddenly her eyes got wide and her jaw dropped. "That's...", she looked stunned and happy between the picture and Stiles' bump then looked at the couple in front of her that nodded happily. "What? What is it?", Noah asked hating that he was the only clueless around. "Do you see that?", Melissa asked pointing to the picture and Noah nodded "that is the head of the baby. And this here", she pointed to another one of the white points of the ultrasound "that is the head of another baby". "Another baby?", Noah asked and looked at Stiles who nodded "I will be grandpa of two?". Noah started crying and Stiles got up and sat next to him in seconds. "Dad?", he asked worried "what's wrong?" "This makes me so happy", he said lifting his head to look at his son "you make me so happy". Stiles released a breath and grinned at his father. "I always wanted grandkids and when I found out you were with Derek I thought that this would just be a dream of mine forever. But now I don't get one but two grandchildren. Thank you", he looked over at Derek who smiled at him. "I love the fact that our family is getting bigger. Actually it could use some more people", Noah got off the couch and down on one knee in front of Melissa "Melissa McCall. I love you and I want to spent the rest of my life with you. I don't have a ring but would you do me the honor and become my wife?" Melissa lay her hand over her mouth in shock but nodded frantically and Stiles started crying of joy. "Is that a yes?", Noah asked. "Of course", Melissa kissed him and lay in his arms. "Congratulations!", Stiles cheered and looked over to Derek who looked to the ground, with his hand in his pocket. He sat beside him and lay his hand on his cheek. "Derek, what's wrong? Why are you looking so sad?", he asked concerned. "I am not sad. I am happy for them", he smiled "I just have the worst timing ever". "What?", Stiles asked confused and Derek sighed. "Oh, nothing", he smiled then turned to Noah and Melissa "congrats to the two of you". "Thanks", they both said in unison. "Grandpa of two and married to the most beautiful woman in the world soon. That must be the best day since Stiles was born", Noah said and everyone laughed.