Part 19

"Argent?", Derek exclaimed surprised and stared in shock as did the whole pack. "Chris?!", Stiles jumped up alerted. The man on the floor didn't move so Stiles went over to kneel beside him. He put his fingers on his pulse point and let out a reliefed breath when he felt a steady pulse there. Stiles lifted his head in his lap and waved Melissa over to him to check up on him. "Chris? Can you hear me?", Stiles asked and Chris' eyes opened slowly. "Yeah", he breathed out "I'm good". "You're clearly not", Melissa shut him up and sent Scott to get water to clean his wounds. "What happened?", Derek asked settling next to Stiles. "There were hunters after your pack", Chris croaked out "I needed to stop them". "Why didn't you tell us?", Scott asked when he arrived with a bowl of water and a towel. "If you had come, they would have killed you", Chris explained. "You wanted to protect us", Stiles whispered near tears "you nearly died". "As I said I am good", Chris breathed. "Why did they come after us in the first place?", Isaac wondered. "They had heard about a werewolf baby", Chris stuttered. "I knew it was my fault", Stiles whispered sadly. "It's not", he heard a choir behind him. "I almost killed another Argent", Stiles spoke to himself and a tear made it's way down his face. "You think you killed Allison?", Chris sounded generally surprised, like that thought hadn't ever occured to him. "Why wouldn't  I? The nogitsune used me and then took my body and killed her", Stiles answered quietly "if I hadn't let him in...". "Then he would have found someone else", Chris stated "it wasn't your fault". "I feel like it was", Stiles mumbled. Chris struggled to lift his head so Stiles settled it on his lap. "Allison died because she protected the ones she loved the most", Chris said looking into Stiles' eyes "do you know what she said to me before she left the house to go to the fight?" Stiles shook his head, tears continuing to stream down his face. "She said that she couldn't live with the fact that you were suffering. That she wanted to kill that thing for hurting you even if it was the last thing she would do. She loved you, all of you, and she would have done the exact same thing even if she knew how she would end up. We could kill the Oni only because of Allison. And I know that she was happy that she could save us, even if she couldn't save herself. It hurts to think about it, but I know that she died happy. And I am one hundred percent sure she wouldn't blame you for her death. Because it wasn't your fault, because you were just another victim in this fight. Allison was just like me in that way, you know. We would rather die protecting the ones we love than live knowing we could have saved them", Chris spoke slowly, sometimes hissing because of the pain when Melissa cleaned his wounds. "That's why you protected us", Stiles whispered still crying. "I have to make her proud", Chris said before he started crying as well. "You really are so much alike. Allie used to say that too. You have no idea how much she loved you", Stiles spoke as he got Chris' hair out of his eyes "she used to tell me about how much she enjoyed just talking to you. Just knowing you were there for her". "She told me the same about you", Chris laughed. "Allison was a really good listener. She could always make me feel better. When I told her about Derek and me she was so happy for us. I miss her so much", Stiles dropped his head sobbing. "Me too, Stiles. But don't you dare blame yourself for her death for one minute. Not only because it's not true but because it would look like she was a victim when really she was a heroine", Chris sat up in pain to pull a sobbing Stiles into his arms. "She was", Stiles agreed and Chris smiled. They sat there for quite some time until Peter dared to speak up and ask about the hunters Chris fought. "They fled. I told them how nothing was true about the rumors they heard and that it would be a mistake to try to fight you", Chris answered him and everyone was reliefed. "Weeeeeelllllll...", Stiles sounded like he was about to drop an unwanted truth and Chris pulled back to look at the boy. "What?", he asked confused. "The rumors may be true", Stiles confessed. "He is a hunter, do you really wanna tell him?", Liam asked. "He just saved our asses, yes I really wanna tell him", Stiles snapped and Liam shut up immediatly, then Stiles turned to Chris again "actually it's not only one but two werewolf babies". Chris gasped in surprise then immediatly looked over to Lydia and Malia who both shook their heads. "Nope", Lydia popped the p. "Wha-?", Chris started but Stiles interrupted him by taking his hand and placing it on his belly. Although it wasn't quite noticeable under the baggy clothing it was pretty obvious to feel. "My babies", Stiles said softly and smiled. "That's a miracle", Chris' eyes were shining "I will do everything to protect the three of you!" "Thanks Chris", Stiles smiled at him fondly and Derek stepped closer again to help the man stand up. "Thank you", he said firmly "for making my mate feel better". "You're welcome", Chris nodded at him "Derek and Stiles. I wouldn't have seen that one coming, really". Everyone laughed and Chris sat down on the couch so Melissa could patch up the rest of the wounds.  "You know, Allison would have been so happy for you", Chris said "for both of you". "She was", Stiles smiled at the memory and they talked about her some more that evening with tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces.