Part 17

"Could you drop me off at Derek's loft?", Stiles asked his father. "Of course we can, honey", Melissa answered for him as she pulled on her jacket. They were about to head out for dinner to celebrate their engagement the next day. "Thanks", Stiles smiled and got ready to leave.
Fifteen minutes later they parked in front of the building. "Thanks! Have fun", he said as he jumped out the car and waved goodbye. As the car disappeared around the corner he went into the building and in the elevator. He knocked at the door and noticed that the door wasn't even locked so he just opened it himself to reveal the loft filled with hundreds of lit up candles. "Derek?", he yelled for his mate to show up "where are you?" He closed the door behind him and walked into the middle of the room to look around. "I'm here", Derek came down the stairs and smiled at Stiles. "What's up with all the candles around here?", Stiles laughed "doesn't seem like you at all". Derek lay a hand on his cheek and pulled him in for a kiss. "Well I guess you could say it was your father's fault", Derek said and Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?", he asked. "He ruined my moment yesterday, so I took that as a sign that I needed to step the game up a bit", Derek explained. "I still don't get it", Stiles sighed "and I can't stand any longer". He walked over to the armchair and sat down. "Okay, go on", he then said to Derek who had followed him over and sat down on the armrest so Stiles could lean against his side. "You know I love you right?", Derek said into the silence and Stiles nodded. "You have told me", he laughed softly and Derek grinned. "No, you don't understand. I love you more than anything else in the world. I love you more than anyone else. I love you more than all the bad days that might be ahead of us. I love waking up next to you and to see your smile as the first thing in the morning. You make me smile and you make me happy and I wouldn't want to live a day without you by my side. I don't care if things might get hard, as long as you are by my side. We may be different but we complete each other perfectly. You're not only my mate, you're my best friend and my better half. You are being pregnant with our wonderful babies and it's all I could have ever hoped for and more. You make impossible things possible. Everything is better when you are there. That's how much I love you", Derek spoke softly and Stiles started crying at his words. Derek then turned to look at him. "I firmly believe that you are in my life as a recompense for all the bad I had to go true. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and that's why I want to ask you something", Derek got down on one knee in front of Stiles and took the hand he hadn't just clasped over his mouth "Miesczyslaw Stilinski, would you make me the happiest man in the whole world and marry me?" Derek pulled a velvet box out of his pocket and opened it to reveal a simple silver ring. Stiles looked down at the ring, then at Derek again and was still crying. "Stiles?", Derek asked unsure of his reaction, he got really nervous "are you okay?" Stiles took a deep breath and let his hand down. "Okay? Are you kidding me? You just got me speechless. You know how many people have successfully done that? None, Derek. I'm not okay, I am fantastic! Derek, of course I will marry you!", he spoke up and Derek let out a breath and smiled. "Yeah?", he asked to be sure. "I love you, Derek. Everyday a little bit more and there is nothing in this world that I want more than to spent the rest of my life with you and our children. It's a yes, a big yes. The biggest yes!", Stiles made sure and smiled fondly. "Thank god", Derek laughed and leant in to kiss Stiles who laid his arms around him immediatly. When they parted Derek took the ring out of the box and put it on Stiles' finger, then got another ring out of his pocket and put it on his own finger. "These were my parents' engagement rings", Derek explained as Stiles was watching the ring with awe "Peter gave them to me when I told him I wanted to ask you to marry me". "Since when did you plan all of this?", Stiles asked. "A few weeks. But I didn't knew when to ask. I wanted to wait for the perfect moment and when you told me we were having twins yesterday I thought that was a sign, but then your dad stole my moment", Derek laughed and Stiles finally got it. "Ohhhh", Stiles pitied him "that's why you looked so sad yesterday". "It doesn't matter now", Derek kissed him again "nothing matters but you and our babies". Stiles smiled into the kiss. "I can't stop smiling", he murmured "and I can't stop looking at this ring. I can't believe you asked me to marry you. Derek you make me so freaking happy do you know that?" "I hope so", Derek responded and got up from his knee. The doorbell rang and Stiles looked confused towards the door. "I ordered super fancy dinner for us", Derek said and Stiles put a fake smile on, when Derek saw it he added "I'm just kidding. Of course I ordered peperoni pizza for us, come on, baby. I know you". With that said the fake smile was replaced by an honest one and Derek got the pizza and paid the guy, thanking him. Stiles sat really jumpy and as Derek noticed he smiled. "You want to call Scott, don't you?", he asked. "I really want to, yeah", Stiles admit. "Don't worry. They'll all be here in ten minutes. I invited them all, except they don't know why, I thought you might want to tell them. Why'd you think I ordered six pizzas?", Derek put them down. "God, I love you so much!"