Part 8

"Stiles, I need to talk to you", Derek sounded hurt. "If you want to leave me, you wouldn't have had to come over. I already know you hate me", Stiles croaked out with a broken voice and not looking at Derek to hide his tears. Scott lay a hand on Stiles' shoulder to show him that he was not alone. Scott and Isaac did look at Derek and they both saw and heard Derek's heart break at the words that Stiles had just said. "I would never ever want to leave you, Stiles", Derek didn't care how many people were in the room with them, he needed Stiles to know that he wouldn't ever leave him. "You don't?", Stiles head shot up and he had a little hope back in his voice. Derek saw Stiles' tear stained face and he couldn't just stand there anymore, he needed to comfort his mate. He went over to where Stiles sat and kneeled before him so that they were face to face. Scott and Isaac made room for him as they didn't see him as a thread for Stiles, they saw how heartbroken Derek was and they saw that he cared. Derek put his hands on Stiles' cheeks and wiped away his tears with his thumbs. "Of course I don't. You know that I couldn't, I love you way too much", Derek said softly and the others in the room were surprised by this other side of Derek, Melissa even 'awed' at his words "why would you think I would leave you when we are having a baby?". "Because you just threw a tantrum about how bad it would be to have a baby in the pack", Stiles mentioned and threw his hands in the air. "Look, I am sorry. I didn't even know that this was possible. I thought we could never have kids of our own. And to see this ultrasound picture...to think someone would have something, maybe by accident, that I could never have even if I wished for it just made me incredibly jealous", Derek tried to explain himself. "So...", Stiles tried to process Derek's words. "Stiles, to have a baby with you is all I could ever wish for and more", he summed up. Stiles cried of happiness. "Can you forgive me?", Derek asked. "I already did", Stiles smiled at him sweetly and Derek let out a long held breath. "Wait, so you're not gonna leave me?", Stiles asked again just to be sure. "I fear you're stuck with me forever", Derek replied. "And you are happy about the baby?", Stiles just needed to hear it again. "I've never been so lucky in all my life", Derek confirmed. "We're gonna have a baby together", Stiles could finally say it with as much happiness in his voice as he felt inside. "Yes we are", Derek smiled so bright that his whole face lit up. He was unbelievably happy and Stiles was too. He pulled him into a kiss and then just held him in his arms, relieved that Stiles didn't hate him for his outburst. "Now a baby in the pack doesn't sound so bad anymore, huh?", Isaac teased from behind Derek. Derek smiled at him then his face turned a little guilty. "I'm sorry for yelling at you and accusing you of getting some girl pregnant", Derek apologized "and thank you both for being there for Stiles". "You accused him of getting a girl pregnant?", Scott asked. "He was there, and the ultrasound picture was. The thought wasn't that far away. I mean, he could have got a girl pregnant", Derek tried to defend his logic. "I don't think Isaac has luck with the ladies", Stiles said and Melissa actually snorted. "Why not? He is good looking", Derek shrugged. "You are too", Stiles said and hoped that Derek would get the hint. "Yeah we're really alike", Isaac dropped another hint, ready to come out to his alpha. Derek knitted his eyebrows together but after a few seconds of thinking they lifted and he made a silent 'oh' with his mouth. "And just like you he has a really attractive boyfriend", Melissa added smiling. "Aw, thank you", Stiles smiled at the given compliment. "He does?", Derek looked at Isaac a little proud. "Yeah, he does", Scott said and intertwined his and Isaac's fingers. "No way!", Derek seemed excited "you finally figured it out". "What?", Scott and Isaac asked at the same time. "I trained you guys together. Someone could have cut the sexual tension between you because it lay so think in the air", Derek explicated. Scott blushed a little but Isaac just shrugged. "While we are at the topic of 'sexual tension'. Never have unprotected sex at a full moon", Stiles gave an advice. "Wait you are pregnant because of the full moon?", Derek asked. "Well partly I guess. Our teacher was a little cryptical. It is a composition of different criterias but the full moon is one of them", Stiles explained. "Our teacher?", Scott asked and Stiles explained them how he found out he might be pregnant because of some stupid question in his biology class. "Well I guess that stupid question didn't turn out as stupid as I thought", Stiles ended and they laughed a little, then it was quiet for a moment. Just as Melissa was about to say something Derek lifted his finger to his lips and the room stayed silent. "What is it?", Stiles whispered while Derek focused on the ground. "I can hear it", he looked Stiles in his eyes, while a tear rolled down his cheek. "What?", Stiles asked a little confused. "I can hear our baby's heartbeat", Derek smiled, crying tears of joy. Stiles was the same emotional mess. "Shhh...", Scott said and soon after "I can hear it too. It's so quiet". Isaac nodded agreeing with his boyfriend. Stiles was in Derek's arms again. "How far along are you?", Melissa asked Stiles. "Four and a half weeks", Stiles replied smiling and holding Derek's hand. "It's surprising you can even hear the heartbeat already, guys", Melissa said proudly "it's absolutely normal that it's barely audible at this time of the pregnancy". "Thanks", Stiles smiled at her. "And you guys watch out! I'm not quite ready to be a grandma", she pointed at her son, then turned to Derek and Stiles again "although I'm so happy for you guys!". They sat there some time, looking at the ultrasound picture together until Stiles wanted to go home because it was a long day with too many ups and downs for a pregnant male teen.