Part 14

"Derek, wake up! Hey, come on we have a pack meeting in an hour", Stiles shook his arm. "Ugh, I know", Derek lifted his head and kissed Stiles, then leant down to kiss his belly. Stiles smiled to himself until Derek lifted his head again and looked concerned. "Derek, what's wrong?", Stiles asked a little anxious. "The baby's heartbeat is really fast", Derek answered and looked sternly at the bump "we should go and see Deaton". "No, you go to the meeting. I can go and pay Deaton a visit by myself. If anything is wrong I will call you immediatly. But I am feeling good, I think everything is fine", Stiles tried to keep calm although he was also a little concerned about this but someone needed to keep a cool head and Derek didn't even knew the definition of this. Derek nodded restraintedly but gave in to Stiles and soon got ready for the meeting. Derek headed to the Hale house while Stiles sat down in the jeep and drove off to see the veterinarian.

"Where is Stiles?", Scott asked Derek when he arrived at the house and went over to Derek who sat on the stairs. "At Deaton's. Just... the heart beat was really fast and I wanted him to go check it out", Derek mumbled and Scott could smell the anxiety coming off of his alpha. "Everything will be alright", he assured him and lay a hand on his shoulder. Derek nodded and attempted a smile at him. When everyone was there they started practicing their training outside as it was a sunny day.

"Hello?", Stiles called out when he entered the clinic. The only thing that could be heard was a dog barking. Then suddenly Deaton popped his head through the door. "Oh, hey Stiles. Is something wrong?", he asked. "Um...well I don't know actually. Derek said the baby's heartbeat was a little off so I came over to check", he told him. "Off?", the vet askes. "He said it was very fast", Stiles completed and Deaton smiled. "The perks of having a werewolf as a partner I guess", he said and Stiles smiled "well then come on in and we'll look if everything is good". Stiles stepped behind the counter and into the actual treatment room. He knew what was about to happen so he immediatly went to the treatment lie and lay down. He then lifted up his shirt as Deaton pulled the ultrasound over to them. He put the gel on Stiles' growing baby bump and as always he flinched at the coldness. As Deaton moved the wand over his tummy the sound of a rapid heartbeat was heard. "That really is fast", Stiles mumbled. "Yeah, but everything looks fine. The head and the arms an-.... wait a second", Deaton said as he moved his head closer to the screen to investigate it. "What? What is it?", Stiles asked nervous and panic was written all over his face. What if Derek was right and there's something wrong with the baby? Deaton turned around to him with an expression of bewilderment and Stiles nearly exploded of the need to know what was happening.

It's been an hour and Stiles hasn't called Derek to tell him what Deaton had said. He grew more concerned each minute. He was currently sitting on the porch of the old Hale house watching Jackson and Isaac fight, of course Isaac was winning, even though Jackson would never admit that, and wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel. Scott sat beside him, sensing his emotions and trying to calm him down. Lydia watched Liam and Malia fight and let's be honest, the poor boy never had a chance, even with his anger issues. Suddenly they heard the sound of a really rotten motor and of course everone knew that it was the Jeep. Derek jumped to his feet and went down the few steps in front of his house. Everyone stopped what they were doing, although most of them didn't know where Stiles was coming from. Stiles got out of the Jeep cautiously, his cheeks covered with tears and simply looked overwhelmed with emotion. He couldn't see Derek as he stood behind Jackson and Isaac and his eyes were still teary. "Derek?", he asked his voice broken "where are you?" Derek couldn't move he was so afraid. He wanted to comfort Stiles, wanted to hold him and tell him everything is okay, but his body didn't let him move an inch. Isaac stepped aside so that Stiles could see Derek and the panicked look on his face. "Derek?", Stiles said again and Derek broke out of his trance to really look at his crying mate. As their eyes locked Stiles huffed and a huge smile broke out on his face. None of them dared to move, the atmosphere was too pent up. Stiles laughed and sobbed at the same time as he said "the heart beat wasn't fast". "Yes it was, I heard it Stiles it was like double time of a normal heart rate", Derek reasoned. "That's because it were two heartbeats, Derek", Stiles beamed of happiness, tears still sliding down his face. "What? A-are you telling me...?", the realization dawned on Derek but he needed to be sure. "We're having twins", Stiles yelled nodding at his mate and smiling from ear to ear. At these words Derek's pained mask broke and he had the biggest smile ever plastered on his face as he ran over and grabbed Stiles in his arms. He lifted him up and spun him around, then put him back down again so nothing could happen to him. "You make me the happiest person in the whole wide world, do you know that?", Derek admit as he put his hands on either side of Stiles' face. "Listen closely", Stiles just answered and lay one of Derek's hands on his little bump. Derek tried to concentrate on the heartbeat that appeared as one, but knowing now that it were two he could tell them apart soon. "Oh my god", he was flooded with happiness and leant in to kiss Stiles "we are having two babies!"