I Feel Like a Ninja

Sneaking back into the main building at midnight was easy. There was only certain days that Peter had to work the night shift and the other days the desk was empty. I knew where he kept the key to all the doors. I just had to worry about the guards in the security room. Half the time they were sleeping, but I still had to be careful. I take the key from the desk and then head down the hall. It is empty and very quiet which it should be at this hour. I reach Noah's room and he is awake. I slip in the room and go into the corner where the cameras cannot see me. 

"We can go under the stairwell and talk. No cameras there." I tell Noah. He nods once and casually gets off the bed. I go back into the doorway and Noah follows me out. I can only hope that security has not fought us. I lead Noah under the stairwell and he takes a seat on the floor. I look out for a few moments just to make sure everything was clear. 

"What have you gotten yourself into?" I ask sitting down. Noah sighs and leans his head back against the wall. 

"I was young...well, younger. My family needed money. We needed to survive. Jonathan helped me. I did favors for him and delivered messages to people." Noah tells me. I let this information soak into my brain. By messages, I assume that he beat people to a pulp.

"Jonathan is?" I venture. Noah looks up at me.

"The ultimate godfather of godfather's. His father, grandfather, and great grandfather ran the city of Chicago before him. I needed help and he gave it to me. I was wealthy Nora. My mother and sisters finally lived a good life and my sisters went to school. They were happy." Noah pauses. I was not judging him at all. I knew it from when I read Noah's file that he was part of the mafia. I had that feeling.

"What about Mr. Bucatti?" I say. 

"I was sent to kill him, but I couldn't kill a man. So I told Jonathan NO. That was when he framed me. He made sure the police arrested me for crimes I committed a long time ago and for the murder of Antonio Bucatti." Noah says. 

"I do not want to be locked up in prison when I'm not guilty." He says looking at his hands. I had many different ideas brewing inside my head, but all of them led to nowhere. 

"First things first. We need to get your family to a safe place." I say already thinking of contacting them and telling them to find a new place to live. 

"Jonathan's guys are probably watching them at this very moment. He would only follow them." Noah says. This was more difficult than I thought.

"What evidence do you have to testify against Jonathan?" I ask. 

"My lawyer is very scrappy. He acquired a security video of Jonathan killing Antonio Bucatti. It is the only evidence that I have to prove my innocence and my lawyer almost killed himself getting the video." My head was running out of ideas. There was no way that Noah's family would be safe no matter where they went. 

"No wonder why your lawyer was so...rude." I say. Noah laughs. 

"Why are you helping me?" Noah asks suddenly becoming serious. I look at him for a long time before saying anything.

"I don't know." I admit. I liked Noah and I felt attracted to him, but why was I helping him? Noah and I do not say anything. 

"You should get back. My father will be out of town all of next week. I can sneek you off to the house at this time. That way we can plan more." I tell Noah. 

"What about the security?" He asks. I smile. 

"I'll take care of that." I say. Peter was a technical genius and I am sure he could help me out. That would mean I would have to tell him everything though.