Shocked

“Do you need anything else?” Noah asks handing me my water. Ever since he came over a few hours ago, he has been asking if I was okay nonstop. He was being just a little too much like a nurse.

            “Just sit down Noah.” He finally nods and takes a seat next to me on the bed. I was bored all day today. There was nothing to do except watch television and there wasn’t even anything good on. I also couldn’t even sleep during the day because they were reconstructing the garage out back. 

            “How is your leg and everything?” He asks for eighth time. I smile.

            “Noah, I am fine. Everything is fine.” I say. It was true though. Everything was healing nicely.  The stomach wound still hurt but the doctor said that the stitches would dissolve within a week or two. I was still on bed rest though and he said I shouldn’t even think about moving until next week.

            “I’m worried Nora.” Noah says. I kiss his lips lightly. How much I wanted to kiss him harder and just forget everything that happened.

            “I know. I’m not a porcelain doll though so relax.” I say. Noah smiles and puts his arm around me. It felt good having Noah here and I was glad that my father was even letting him in my room.

            “I called my mother today.” Noah tells me. I give him a look with my brow raised. What did he say? Did his mom still have the money or did Jonathon find it take it away?

            “And?” I ask.

            “Jonathon doesn’t know a thing about you visiting her. She still has the money and has made plans in Alaska. She’s coming up in three weeks for the visit.” Noah has a huge bright smile. I kiss the side of his face because that is all I can kiss since I can’t fully turn my body.

            “Good. I’m glad that everything is going according to plan.” I say quietly. Noah hold my hand.

            “Not with you. Jonathon wants you dead.” Noah says bluntly. That was true but once he was in jail, my issues would be over. By the time he got out—he would be dead.

            “I’ll be fine Noah.” I assure him even though I don’t quite believe it myself. Noah sighs.

            “I think you should tell your dad about this. All of this.” Noah suggest. I shake my head. He would be beyond angry if I told him why I really went to Chicago and why the mafia was after me.

            “I cannot get my father involved. What could he do Noah?” I snap on him although I don’t mean too. I loved Noah and I loved my father. I didn’t want him hurt.

            “He can protect you.” Noah yells. I roll my eyes. No he couldn’t. Noah was being really one-sided about this. He didn’t even care about what would happen to my father and his own reputation. If I was going down I was not going to bring my father with me.

            “I’m not telling him.” I say. Noah sighs and shakes his head.

            “Fine. But I can’t help you. I’m in prison, remember?” Noah says. I ignore his comment and continue to watch the television. It suddenly became so interesting to me. Noah stays quiet and we just watch some television. It wasn’t long until I fell asleep. I mean, it wasn’t like there was anything better to do, including Noah. He would do anything “intimate” with me because he thought I would get hurt. He wanted to wait until I was fully healed.