A New Life is Forming

“Nora.” I turn fast and see Peter and Nina. I thought I was quiet sneaking into the house. I hold my bag close to myself. I walk past them and into the kitchen. I was hungry for a sandwich filled with a bunch of meat.

            “Where is Noah?” I ask them. Nina crosses her arms over her chest.

            “Upstairs sleeping.” She tells me. Peter and Nina sit down at the breakfast bar watching me make food. It is complete silence and a little bit nerve racking. I turn and finally eye both of them.

            “You are taking this rather well Nora. What are you up to?” Peter asks me. I couldn’t just tell them because I know that Nina and Peter would try and stop me or at least tell me not to do this.

            “I have no idea what you are talking about.” I say to them. Nina rolls her eyes and Peter looks doubtful.

            “At the court room you were freaking out and now?” Nina says crossing her arms over her chest. I shrug my shoulders as if I had no idea what they were talking about. I had no idea how I would get Noah out of here without anyone knowing, but I had to try.

            “Nora, whatever your plan is, we want in.” Peter says. Nina smiles and nods her head in agreement. I take a bite out of my sandwich and look at them.

            “What?” I say with a mouthful of food.

            “Noah is innocent and the ruling was unfair. You are pregnant and you both belong together.” Nina says sighing at the end. I roll my eyes at her. Always so dramatic. After a long silence—I carefully pull out the huge manila folder and toss it on the counter.

            “This is my plan.” I say. I watch them look at all the paperwork and ID’s. Their eyes widen and then they look up at me after a few minutes. 

            “You’re going to leave the country?” Nina says quietly. I nod. I had to do it very soon because being pregnant I soon wouldn’t be able to travel any longer.

            “With Noah. I was thinking maybe Singapore or Bangladesh.” I say. Those countries weren’t third world per say, but it was a country that we could live in without the authorities after us.

            “Dang. All these new credit cards and stuff.” Peter says looking down at all the plastic and paper. I nod my head. I had to buy the tickets tonight and I would make arrangements later on when we get there or wherever we end up going.

            “I have yet to tell Noah, but I don’t think I am going to. He would just object.” I say quietly. Peter nods his head. Nina looks above her as if Noah is listening right at this moment.

            “What do we do?” They ask me. I didn’t really have much of a plan. I know that Noah and I needed to get out of this prison undetected.

            “Drive out tomorrow night and get to the airport quickly.” I tell him. We would have to pack light and then I guess buy whatever we can at the country. I didn’t want to leave my own country, but I had no choice. I wanted to be with the one I love.

            “I can drive you and put Noah in the back under the bags and whatnot.” Peter tells me. Nina smiles.

            “And I will distract your father.” Nina says. I smile slightly. I wanted nothing more than to be with Noah. He was my guy and the one man that made me feel—just different than when I was with other guys. I also wished that Peter, my father and hell, even Nina could come with, but I could never drag them into the mess that I was about to create.