Guilty or Not

“Noah!” I giggle as he hovers over me and kisses my neck. We were lying on my bed just trying to make this Sunday a relaxing one. Monday was the trial and I could tell that was all he really thought about when I wasn’t distracting him. Noah looks in my eyes and I can really see him—his soul.

            “I love you Nora.” He says leaning down to kiss me. He then leans down and kisses my belly. “I love you too.” Noah says to my stomach. I grip his hair playfully and pull him up to my face so I can kiss him again.

            “How’d I get so lucky?” I whisper. Noah laughs and lies next to me this time.

            “More like the other way around.” Noah tells me. I wouldn’t argue with that. We were both lucky to have each other. Noah loved me and all my family issues with my mother who left me and my father. He was also secure with himself so he was never threatened by my flirty and straight forward self. I could accept him for who he was and his past.

            “In the next week, you should be out of prison and we will be on our way to Alaska.” I say happily. Noah sighs.

            “Have you gotten your things packed?” I nod my head. Mostly everything was packed and ready to go. Noah and I haven’t found a place yet, but we were going to be staying at my cousins until we did. I have been looking but nothing has caught my eye nor Noah’s. 

            “I am ready to move. Just waiting for you.” I say kissing his cheek. I look back up at the ceiling and it is silent for a few moments.

            “I’m nervous Nora.” Noah tells me. I sit up.

            “Noah, you and Ben have this in the bag and let’s not forget the fact that you actually are innocent.” I tell him. Noah was really freaking out about this but I guess he had every right to. This was his life we were talking about.

            Noah smiles and helps me out of the bed. We head downstairs to the kitchen where Noah makes me some food. He was really only good at making pasta so I cooked the breaded chicken and he took care of the noodles and sauce. We made a good team and Noah kissed me every time he passed by me to get something. I giggle.

            “We make a good team.” I tell him. Noah laughs and nods.

            “That we do.” He says. I smile and we sit down to eat dinner. Nina was around somewhere and my father was working late getting the transport bus ready for Noah tomorrow. Nobody but the prison people knew about Noah’s leave to the warden’s house and we needed to keep it that way. After dinner I take a shower and Noah lies on my bed. By the time I get out, he is passed out. I sigh and rub lotion on my stomach and then get dressed. I go to bed but I stay up all night wrapped in Noah’s arms. I was so nervous and I just hoped that the next three days went as planned.

            “Nora! Noah!” I groan and push my head into Noah’s chest. I was exhausted and I did not want to get up. My eyes flutter open and I look around to find my father next to my bed. “Up kids. Trial is in a half-hour!” He shouts. I push Noah and he instantly wakes up. My father gives the two of us a stern look. Noah stumbles into the bathroom and turns on the shower. My father sighs and leaves the room. I bring out his suit and lie it on my bed. I then put on my own black dress that would cover me properly.

            I stick on my heels and then straighten my hair all while Noah puts on his suit. I help him with his tie and I give him a good look over. He looked very good and fresh with his face shaven. Noah ran downstairs and then transportation van was waiting for him. I gave him a kiss on the cheek for luck and watched him go. Ten minutes later, Peter came and I got in his truck. Nina was already there with Ben because she liked him.