Staying Under the Radar

When I wake up, I forgot where I was so I freaked out for a few moments before Peter brought me a cup of coffee. It was just plain black coffee. I downed it even though I don't really like coffee all that much. 

"Morning." Peter says. I nod at him and look around a little bit. My father was probably flipping the hell out right now. He always came into my room and said goodbye to me in the morning. Peter isn't in his uniform and that must mean he had two days off. I didn't understand his schedule at all. He was still wearing his cotton shirt and basketball shorts. There was a knock at the door suddenly and in comes my father along with Allen. Peter eyes the laptops on the coffee table and he immediately takes this to the kitchen where we all sit at the table. 

"What the hell are you doing, staying over at a boy's house?" My father says. I roll my eyes. I was no longer a child...I was nineteen. 

"I'm not a child." I hiss. Allen secretly grins and Peter awkwardly stands by the counter. I felt bad that he was getting in trouble because I passed out on his couch. We were friends and nothing more. 

"I do not care. You won't be conducting your business with my officers." My father says. Business? What the hell? Peter turns ten shades of red and Allen look at me waiting for my reaction. 

"Peter is my friend and he was helping me with the whole Leo thing. I just fell asleep." I say. I was being honest about the second part. I did fall asleep, but Peter wasn't helping me out about Leo. He was clueless on relationships. My father ignores what I say and goes on to other matters. Matters that had to do with Noah. 

"You spoke to Mr. Fain? What did I tell you?" My father scolds me. It goes in one ear and out the other. 

"I don't care anymore. I was just thanking him." I say. Allen and my father share a look with each other.

"Not only is he dangerous but he is also six years older than you!" He says. I almost sigh happily. I love Noah and his age. I liked older men, or at least men like Noah. 

"You think I have a little crush on him? I don't." Lie. I was smitten with the kid. Noah was someone that I would never have thought I would like. He may not be a killer but he still has done bad things and my father wired me not to like those kinds of people. 

"Nora, it's okay. You are young and these things happen..." Allen trails off and I just wanted slap his grin off. What a sick asshole! 

"I'm done talking about this. I talk to who I want to and I do what I want." My father isn't nearly as angry as he was before. Allen was just making me so angry and I wanted to just tell my dad about how sketchy Allen was, but I needed proof before I did anything. 

"I need to make sure you are not going to be doing anything stupid while I am away at the convention." I sigh. I have been fine all the other years he has been gone, but this time Noah was here.

"Don't worry. I'll behave." I say seriously. That was an empty promise. I was going to spend every moment I could with Noah. We needed to get him out of this mess. Allen also needed to get his corrupted ass out of here. 

"Just get home Nora." I don't respond to my father. I just walk out of Peter's font door. I know that my dad was just looking after me, but he just didn't understand. I didn't expect him to either. 

At the house, I shower and then head into the kitchen. I make myself something to eat and then head into the living room. I wait around for a while. I knew that I wouldn't be able to reach Noah until tonight. We wouldn't be able to go back to the house since my father was home until he left on Monday. Sunday was visiting day so he would busy with that. Maybe Noah's family would come out.