Chapter 11

Davey

I'm waiting at the back of the library for Michael. He's agreed to do some essays for me if I pay him. I feel sorta bad about cheating but it's just for the stuff I really struggle with, like this biology essay. I don't wanna know about a woman's menstrual cycle, much less write about it, that stuff's gross.

Michael sits opposite me and gets out the essay. I have the cash tight in my hand and quickly pass it to him while grabbing the papers. He gives me a look as if to say relax, and I can tell he's trying not to smile. It's coming to something when the nerd is cooler than I am. I check myself, Sharon's told me to be nice to him cos he's helping her with the talent show. So I have to be, cos if she gets pissed off, then Dimucci will be pissed off.

"Could you do a history assignment for me?"

"Yeah sure."

"Cool but remember...." He cuts me off.

"You got a rep to protect, I know." I can tell he's mocking me. Oh well, so long as he does the essay.

                                                                      ****

I meet up with the guys in the cafeteria at lunch time, and Johnny's telling us all how he plans to have a party at his house for Christmas.

"Cool," Goose says.

"It will be strictly invitation only," he says lowering his voice.

"Better keep it quiet then," Dimucci's says. I can see the pink ladies have got on line so I prepare for my peace to be shattered. I notice Dimucci watching them and he looks sorta fed up.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah sure, it's just Sharon." Right, I knew it wasn't working out. He was bound to get bored of her dramas.

"Oh?" Goose asks all ears.

"Yeah, she's so stressed out all the time." Well, we know that, that's her personality.

"You need to find a way to help her unwind," Johnny's says smirking, and Goose snickers.

"I wish." Dimucci grins back at him.

"I've told you, be firm with her, show her who's in charge."

"Sharon is!" Goose exclaims, and Dimucci shrugs. Johnny shakes his head.

"No chick's in charge, you're too soft with her Lou." Goose is nodding but he's as much under the thumb as Dimucci is. I don't say anything. I feel kinda left out, and I'm grateful that the pink ladies join us since Johnny has to shut up.

                                                                       *****

Sharon

We sit down and I swear one of us was being talked about cos the guys go all quiet. Johnny starts talking about some party he's having, a sort of combined birthday and Christmas party.

"I love Christmas," Paulette says to no one in particular.

"Yeah all that food," Rhonda adds and I look at her critically. She's carrying a bit of extra weight around her stomach, and Paulette has to watch her diet. Oh god, I hope they don't overdo it and balloon over the holidays!

"Just go easy, we don't want to have to make you a new costume," I say and Rhonda scowls. I can see Louis trying not to laugh.

"So are you having a theme for your party?" Paulette asks Johnny.