Chapter 19

Sharon

I hate Louis Dimucci! I seriously hate him, like way more than I've ever hated anyone before. There was this girl in third grade who used to pick on me cos my hair was curly, well I hate Louis even more than her.

'Sharon, don't you think you're being a little dramatic?' Rhonda asks. We're in my bedroom trying on our outfits for the talent show, yet again.

'Dramatic? You weren't there Rhonda, he took me to this godforsaken place and expected...well you know what he expected, and when I said no, he said....' I can't go on, I'm furious he could even say that!

Rhonda shrugs. 'I guess your right.' I bet Goose has put her up to this on Louis's behalf.

'Well I think you should be flattered,' Paulette says and I scoff. 'I'm serious Sharon, he obviously likes you although god knows why.'

I throw a magazine at her so she knows how dumb I think she is. 'So what if he likes me, he has no respect.'

 Paulette frowns and speaks slowly as if I'm an idiot. 'Sharon guys can't just stop.'

Rhonda laughs. 'Of course they can stop, jeez Paulette what guys have you been going out with?' Paulette shuts up now cos she knows she's being stupid.

'Fine dump Dimucci I don't care,' she says sulking.

'I already have.' No one is going to treat me like this. They both look shocked.

'But what about the code,' Rhonda says.

'I couldn't care less about it, but I won't date anyone else so it doesn't matter anyway.' I've already thought about it, Steph has the right idea staying single, these guys have no respect.

                                                                               ****

Davey

Dimucci's been miserable all week cos Sharon won't talk to him although he's trying to pretend he's not bothered. I can tell he is though.

'Look you're off the hook,' I tell him. He should be grateful to be shot of her cos she's not the sort of girl who would be easy to dump.

'Yeah, yeah,' he says as we make our way down the corridor to our lockers.

'There are plenty of other girls.'

He seems to cheer up a bit at that suggestion. 'Yeah, maybe I'll show her what she's missing.' He sounds cocky but I can't think why he'd want to go and tie himself down again. I can see Sharon stood by her locker talking to Stephanie and I think we should hang back till she's gone but Louis heads straight for her.

'Hey Sharon,' he says stopping by her locker. She pulls a face and turns her back.

'Leave her alone Dimucci,' Steph growls and the look she gives him should have had him back right off but he doesn't.

'Stay out of it Zinone,' he snarls and she rolls her eyes at Sharon.

'Go away Louis,' Sharon says slamming her locker shut so loudly everyone is now watching them. I start to giggle even though it's not funny.

'Make me,' Louis says standing right over her so she can't get away.

'Get out of my way,' she says but she doesn't sound so confident now, and I feel a bit sorry for her. He's being a jerk. Sharon tries to get around him and he puts his arm out stopping her.

'Not till we've sorted this out,' he says to her.

'It is sorted, it's over.'

'Who are you to decide?'