Chapter 13

Sharon

It's raining when we leave Johnny's house, and by the time we get to Louis's I'm soaked. I only had a dress on and it's clinging to me, embarrassingly so.

'I'll get you some towels,' Louis says. Naturally he had his t bird jacket on so he's not half as wet. I probably should have gone straight home, it's not much further and I'm already drenched.

'Why don't you go to my room,' Louis suggests. 'If you take off your dress, I'll get it dried out.'

'I'll get you my robe Sharon,' his sister Alice says frowning at Louis. I know she doesn't much like me and I appreciate the offer because I don't want to sit around in my underwear.

I head up to Louis's room and I have to resist tidying up, he has stuff scattered everywhere. I'm quite touched that he has some pictures of us together pinned up. I know he likes me but sometimes I have my doubts. He comes in and passes me Alice's robe and a towel. I turn around and quickly take my dress off trying not to be self-conscious, he's seen me in a bikini before and it's not really any different. I take the towel to dry my hair.

'Where are your mom and dad?' I ask looking up and he smiles.

'They went to granddad's for dinner.' I know it'll be a late night then, his parents make dinner last for hours. He takes his shirt off which was barely damp and dries himself.

'Do you wanna watch TV?' he asks turning the TV on when I nod. 'What time's you're mom expecting you home?' I let out a sigh.

'She isn't. She has a date and if the last one's anything to go by I won't see her until sometime tomorrow.' I shrug as if it's no big deal.

'So she's seeing someone?' He sounds sorta surprised and I laugh.

'I hope she is, if she's just staying out with random guys that'd be pretty shocking.'

'You could stay here tonight,' Louis suddenly says and I gape at him. 'I just mean if your mom's not home, what difference does it make?'

'I think your mom might have something to say about it, but Joanne will expect me home at some point.' She won't wait up but she'll notice I'm not there in the morning.

'It was just a suggestion,' he says looking boyish, like he's trying to do the right thing.

'I'll call a cab once my dress is dry.' I suddenly wish I could stay, cos if he was a girlfriend no one would object.

'If you're cold you could get under the bed covers,' he suggests. I pull a face at him, he's so predictable.

'Your sister's robe is fine.'

'You look kinda sexy in it,' he says moving closer.

'It's your sister's robe.' That's gotta be not sexy at all.

'Well you could always take it off,' he says pulling me into his arms. Without really thinking I put my arms around his neck and kiss him. I don't mind making out, whilst my dress dries, but that's as far as it goes.

                                                                                       ****

Louis

'Louis are you sure your sister won't walk in?' Sharon asks.

'No why would she?' It's not like we're in and out of each other's bedrooms. I'm sure she'd knock at any rate. I kiss Sharon again and she relaxes for like two minutes max.

'What if you're parents come home?' I groan knowing what she's doing.

'Sharon we're not doing anything wrong, and they won't be home for ages.' I kiss her again to try and shut her up, and to push the image of her sat on Johnny's knee out of my mind. I hate the way he thinks our girls are his chicks. I manage to unfasten the robe she's wearing, trying to get under her defences. Deep down I think she wants to do it, she wouldn't be laid there in only her underwear if she didn't. I'm stroking her back, and I reach for the hook on her bra.

'Stop it,' she says lying on her back so I can't get to it. I kiss her neck instead making my way down to her breast, which is completely covered by her bra. This is sorta frustrating, like totally, cos she'd have a much better time if she took her underwear off. Ever so slightly I bite her nipple through her bra and she gasps.

'Ow Louis!'

'Sorry.' I'm trying not to laugh.

'You are not, you did that on purpose,' she says indignantly.

'Well if you'd let me take it off....' I suggest and she hits me. I grab her and we mess around for a bit until I've got her pinned under me.

'Louis,' she says wriggling against me.

'Yeah.'

'Let me go,' she hisses. I kiss her and she opens her mouth so she's not exactly struggling.

'Let me go now,' she gasps but she's stopped wriggling.

'Now you can't say you don't want to do it.' I can tell that she does.

'I don't, I'm not ready to...'

'Yeah, you are.' I can feel how ready she is. I get that it's a big deal for her but she wouldn't be with me like this if she didn't want to do it.

'No I can't do it, I mean what would my mother say?' I'm thinking if that's her only objection it should be simple enough to overcome.

'Your mother wouldn't know. I mean would you tell her, cos I wouldn't.'

'I don't know,' she's saying biting her lip. 'I mean what if something went wrong?'

'You can't get pregnant the first time,' I remind her. Everyone knows that, and anyway what would be the chances of that happening?

'I don't think that's true,' she says her brows creased. I try to convince her but I can see that the more we talk the more determined she's getting that she won't do it. She jumps suddenly hearing Alice in the hall way, and I let her get out from under me.

'I couldn't possibly do it with your sister here anyway,' she says as she wraps the robe back around herself and I groan.

'Well say we were somewhere by ourselves, where we wouldn't get interrupted?'

'I don't know,' she says moving away from me and I know I'd better drop it. Obviously, nothing will be happening tonight now anyway. She turns to me, a small frown on her face.

'You know, I think you'd be better off with someone like Paulette.'

'No way, I don't even like Paulette.' I wouldn't want to go with the school bike but I don't wanna tell Sharon that. I don't think she knows what the guys all think of Paulette.

'Well it seems like we're on different wavelengths,' she says looking up at me.

'No we're not. It doesn't matter if you want to wait, I don't mind.' I'm backtracking rapidly, the last thing I want is to split up over this.

'Well if you're sure....' she says chewing her lip and I agree that I am. However I think she's sorta outmanoeuvred me, cos now I'm agreeing we won't do it, and I know that's not what either of us wants.

                                                               ****