0.5. (h)✔

One day, I know that you will be there,One day, I'll focus on the future,Maybe one day, oh, baby, isn't life so,Fucking inconsistent!-Lovejoy

One day, I'll focus on the future,
Maybe one day, oh, baby, isn't life so,
Fucking inconsistent!
-Lovejoy

Lynn's Flat 1st August 1987

It was the morning light that startled Harry from his sleep. It was  unusual for him to see the light of day when first woke up, and the  smell of the air was noticeably clean compared to the mustiness of  his cupboard. Instead of the sun, it was often the sound of his aunt Petunia's  knuckles rapping against his cupboard door or the click of the deadbolt  being slide back if he was locked in for punishment.

Light shone through the taupe curtains, bathing the room in a soft,  warm glow. At the other side of his room, on top of the chest of  drawers, was his new snowy owl, who he had yet to name. She clicked her  beak softly, and Harry pretended that she was saying good morning to  him.

"I'm really here," he laughed gently to himself. He had finally escaped the Dursleys. His body sunk deeper into the array of plump pillows, arms and legs fully spread out to make use of the large space.

He'd feared that the whole thing would turn out to be a dream when he  woke; that there was no magical godmother and that he wasn't a wizard  himself. Still, he had doubts that he would be allowed to stay here indefinitely. Surely his uncle wouldn't just let him leave?

Harry slowly slid himself out of bed and placed his newly fixed glasses onto his face, his bare feet padding quietly over the wooden  floor as he exited his room. He wasn't sure was the time was, or if he  was allowed to just wander around, but curiosity forced him to explore the little flat.

He had never seen a home like it before. The living room, dining table and kitchen were all in the same room without walls separating  them, (Harry would later find out it was called an open plan).  Bookshelves lined one wall of the room, stopping where the kitchen started. Most of the shelves were filled with a wide variety of novels  and textbooks, but a few had plant pots and miscellaneous items such as a  coin jar and an ornate fox decorating the shelves. There was even a crystal ball resting on the top shelf, swirling patterns of black and  purple within it, as if it contained its own galaxy of stars and space.

Another shelf was stacked high with what appeared to be sketchbooks,  all leather-bound and in varying conditions. Curious, Harry picked one  up, opening it up to a random page. Inside was a very detailed drawing  of a wolf-like creature Harry had never seen before. It stood beneath  the moon, head tilted upwards in a long howl. Harry began to flick  through the sketchbooks, all of which were filled with random, rather  realistic drawings. A few even had his parents in them. Those were the  ones he stared at the longest, brushing his fingertips over their  charcoal faces.

The sound of bacon sizzling startled him from his snooping, and he  got up quickly from his position on the floor, spinning around to face  Lynn with a guilty look on his face.