3.1 (h)

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreakSomewhere in the townTonight there's gonna be a jailbreakSo don't you be around-thin Lizzy

Somewhere in the town
Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
So don't you be around
-thin Lizzy

Lynn's apartment, 23rd July 1993,

Harry lay sprawled across a sun lounger on the little balcony of his and Lynn's flat. A few years previously, never would he have been able to simply lie there and enjoy the rare summer heat, due to Petunia and Vernon's attempts to him him out of the neighbours' view and the amount of chores they usually gave him whilst the rest of the family went out to enjoy themselves. 

Now however, the thought of his aunt and uncle's emotional torment was only an occasional nightmare, and he was free to go outside without fear of Dudley's gang using him as a punching bag.

Though this time, the muggle neighbours were genuinely oblivious to Harry's existence in their apartment complex. In fact, no muggle was aware of the fact that there was an entire extra apartment in between number 6 and 8, and assumed that there had been a mistake when numbering the floors.

"Harry?"

Harry cracked open one eye to observe the woman at the patio doors. She looked rather different from the woman who had shown up at number four privet drive to whisk away her godson from the neglect and emotional abuse he had suffered.

Those who knew her before Harry had entered her life would notice how drastic her behaviour had changed. She seemed to glow with happiness, her eyes much more alive and filled with mischief. Last week she had decided to go blonde, buying a permanent hair colour potion from Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions. Harry thought the colour suited her very well, unlike the straw like bleached hair Petunia's friends had.

"Yes, Aunt Lynn?"

She held up a white bottle with an obnoxiously cartooned sun on the front of it in response. Harry groaned, sitting up from his comfortable position on the sun lounger. "That stuff feels awful on your skin!"

"You know what else is awful?" Lynn smiled sarcastically. "Sun burn. It hurts, it itches, it peels. So Mr. Potter," she tossed him the bottle of sun lotion, which he caught deftly with one hand. "Which is it? The unpleasant feeling of sun screen between your fingers, or the agonising feeing of sun burn. It hurts, it itches, it peels. Long nights tossing and turning in your bed, wishing that you'd been a bit more careful while exposed to the mighty sun's powerful rays..."

"Alright, alright," Harry laughed. "I'll wear it!"

"Thought so," she said. "Don't be an eejit thinking you're more powerful than the sun. The sun." Harry laughed at her, making her smile at his happiness.

She hesitated at the door for a moment, debating whether or not now was the right time to tell Harry. He seemed rather peaceful. Peaceful for a boy who had been attacked two years in a row by the man, the monster, that had murdered his parents. Though she supposed it wasn't anything particularly horrible to him.