0.8. (m)

I know you're dying trying to figure me out,
My name's on the tip of your tongue, keep running your mouth.
You want the recipe but can't handle my sound,
My sound, my sound.

-Dua Lipa

Hogwarts, March 1973. Marauder's Era

Sirius Black was clingy.

After their conversation in the kitchens, Lynn was expecting things between the second year girls and boys to go back to the way they had been before. However, Sirius seemed to be under the impression that they were now friends.

He would show up to her secret window seat on the sixth floor and sit with her while she sketched. To her surprise he knew quite a bit of astronomy and helped her finish her essay on Jupiter's moons. But not without mentioning several facts on the star he was named after. Apparently he was the brightest star in the sky.

Lynn thought he was the biggest pain in her ass.

At first she tried to give him the cold shoulder, but whether he simply didn't get the message or didn't care, he continued to have one sided conversations with her until she finally started to respond.

"Do you like quidditch?" Sirius questioned her on their way to dinner.

"Yeah. I'm not very good at playing but I'm a die hard Galway Ghouls supporter." She pointed at a small badge pinned to her robes, a little cartoon ghoul wearing a maroon cloak with 'GG!' in bold black letters.

"The Ghouls? I like Puddlemere United. But at least you're not a Chudley Cannons fan," he snickered.

"Oi, don't hate on the Cannons fans... they already hate themselves," she chuckled.

"They have to win the league at least once this century, right?" Sirius asked, sticking his hands into his pockets as they both waited for the second floor staircase to move towards them. "I mean, they've got what, 27 years?"

"I doubt it. They haven't had a good team in 70 years. I wouldn't put money on it."

Lily, Alice and Marlene were all sat at the start of the Gryffindor table, near the door. Lily and Alice both looked up from their food as the two entered, Marlene opting to concentrate on the roast chicken on her plate.

"I'll chat to you later. You'll still help me with my charms homework, right?"

"Umm, yeah, I suppose," Lynn shrugged. Sirius waved her goodbye sitting down with the rest of the second year boys further down the benches.

"Why were you with Sirius Black?" Lily frowned.

Lynn shrugged her shoulders, dumping a slice of lasagna onto her plate and grabbing a handful of chips. "Did you see the paper this morning? That moldywart prick attacked a muggle school."