1.1. (h)

Guess who's back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
-Eminem

1st September 1991

"Are you sure you've got everything?"

"Yeah."

"Where's your wand?"

"...in my room."

"Are you sure you've got everything?"

"No."

"Good answer."

Harry turned and quickly grabbed his wand from his bedside table, where it has been sitting since he bought it in Diagon Alley. Despite how many times he'd asked, Lynn denied him any chance of trying some spells with a smirk.

"You have to wait until Hogwarts Potter. Don't even try the puppy eyes on me. One of my friends was a master at the puppy eyes," she told him every time he asked.

Harry Potter was no longer the scrawny, unnourished boy that lived in the cupboard under the stairs. Instead he was now much healthier, his skin no longer sallow and his eyes no longer held the longing of a family who loved him, now that he had his godmother and the care of the Weasley's.

Of course sometimes he felt nervous that he would wake up and it would all be a dream. He was terrified at first of angering Lynn and nearly fainted from stress that time he knocked over and broke a vase in the living room. However he had rarely witnessed the strawberry blonde losing her temper, except perhaps last year when the Daily Prophet tried to follow them in Diagon Alley.

Lynn shrunk his luggage and placed it in her pocket, before grabbing Harry's free hand and pulling him out the door, with Hedwig in her cage being carried by Harry. They travelled down the busy streets of London, as their home was only 15 minutes away from Kings Cross Station.

"Why can't you just take me and Ron through the fireplace in your office, instead of the train?" Harry asked his Godmother.

"That's not the point of taking the train Harry, it's part of the Hogwarts experience."

They weaved through the crowds of muggles, who gave the pair strange looks as Harry was holding a very noticeable cage containing an owl. However that wasn't the only strange thing these people had seen today, as soon after Lynn and Harry had entered the station, an army of redheads followed quickly behind them.

"Come on quickly!" Molly urged her children. "This place is packed with muggles as usual."

"Ron!" Harry called excitedly, waving the boy over. The Weasley family directed their course towards the black haired boy and his strawberry blonde guardian. Ginny waved shyly at Harry, blushing slightly when he waved back.

"Get to London alright Molly?" Lynn grinned, walking in step with her as they continued forward towards the barrier.

"Oh fine, fine. Arthur drove us, though he had to leave for work. The new car is quite roomy," she told her breathlessly. "These muggles are quite inventive aren't they?"

Lynn's eyes shone with mirth, nodding her head in agreement. What Molly didn't know was that Arthur had placed an extension charm on the Ford.

"Alright Percy, you first," Molly said once they reached the barrier. Percy nodded, before taking a running start towards the barrier. Harry's eyes widened in surprise as he disappeared through it.

"How- how did he..."

Lynn smiled at him in amusement, but gave him no explanation, as she was interrupted by Molly and the twins.