3.9 (h)

I was walking down the street the other day,

Tryna distract myself.

But then I see your face,

Oh wait, that's someone else.

-Selena Gomez

Hogwarts Castle, November 1993, Golden Trio Era.

Remus looked too sickly to even stand; his frail body curled up on the sofa of his office with a robe loosely pulled around him. His eyes snapped open at the sound of his office door creaking open, apprehension painted across his pale face as Lynn close the door shut behind her, placing the necessary locking enchantments on it. "What are you doing here? I don't have any Firewhiskey."

She scoffed at his teasing smile. "It's a Tuesday, I know how to restrain myself."

She shrugged off the outer layer of her cornflower blue robes and draped it over his office chair where his own cloak was discarded, shabbier in comparison to Lynn's silk clothing that wasn't missing a stitch. Lynn never allowed her robes to appear tatty; not even a wrinkle could find home on her outfit. It was easier to pretend to be whole when you looked the part.

He watched her lazily as she took out her lime wood wand from under her sleeve and poked it towards the fire, which burst into roaring flames. "Tea? I'm making myself some." True to her word, she waved her wand again, coercing the kettle to fill itself with water and hang above the flames.

"The sun's going down," Remus reminded her, wincing as he rose from his fetal position, elbows and neck cracking uncomfortably.

"Have you taken your potion? Harry told me this morning that Snape plans on poisoning you." She wrinkled her nose in distaste when she settled into his desk chair, shifting her bottom on the hard, uncushioned material. Deciding that she couldn't deal with it, she rose again and began moving her wand in a complicated motion, muttering a spell under her breath until the basic wooden seat moulded into a lavish burgundy leather office chair.

Remus watched amused as she materialised silk cushions and settled herself down with a more satisfied expression. "I invited Harry into my office after he came back from Hogsmeade," Remus said. "Wanted to spend some time with him, out of curiosity. Snape came in to deliver the wolfsbane- which is very kind of him to make, since it's so complicated."

Lynn tutted, flicking her wand to light all the lamps in the room, since the natural light was beginning to fade. "Doesn't make him any less of a prick," she muttered under her breath.

She violently flinched when the kettle began to whistle, hand instinctively going to her wand she had sat on the desk. "I hate that noise," she mumbled to herself.