3.10 (m)

TW: (accidental) self harm

TW: (accidental) self harm. And like one mention of underage drinking. And more swearing than usual, but swearing is listed in the overall warnings. Overall warnings are listed in the first chapter if you need to review them x.

Freeze frame, please let me paint a mental picture portrait,
Something you won't forget, it's all about my forehead,
And how it is a door that hold's back contents,
That makes Pandora's box contents look non-violent.

-twentyonepilots

Hogwarts Castle, 2nd November 1975, the day Sirius was an idiot.

The world was ending.

At least, it was to Sirius Orion Black.

He let out a long, mournful groan, burying his face deeper into his pillow in the hopes it would suffocate him, inhaling the faint, flowery scent her shampoo along with the deep, woody smell of charcoal pencils that usually lingered on her clothes. She had been in their dorm the day before Hogsmeade, celebrating his sixteenth with a bottle of Irish whiskey James had smuggled from the cellar of Potter Manor.

"What's the craic with him?" Remus raised a brow, only just entered the room with Peter in tow.

"Lynn says that," Sirius despaired, voice muffled from his face still buried in his pillow. "Craic is an Irish word, not Welsh. Lynn is Irish, so she is, and you're not."

"Well, the Welsh version of craic would probably be 'hwyl' or 'clecs' but- okay what's the matter?" Remus beckoned Peter into the room and shut the door behind them. Peter stood awkwardly beside him, arms full of treats he had taken from the kitchens and was planning on sharing with the group, but now he wasn't sure how to voice his intentions.

"She's never going to forgive me!"

"Sirius? Can you just-"

"Lynn used to call me Sirius..."

"Wh-" Remus spluttered. "Because it's your fucking name!"

"Just give her a day to cool down, mate. Then apologise to her," James told him gently. "You get into arguments all the time."

"She's going to turn into a fox and maul me if I go near her. And I deserve it."

"What. Happened?"

James glanced at Sirius, who was still lying on his stomach with the top of his head just poking out from under the covers. "Well... we were on our way to the Owlery-"

"She didn't even get to send her letter. Because I'm an awful human being," he mumbled into his pillow.

"-and well, Sirius was still sulking about- well he says it's because his date wasn't any good-" All three of them rolled their eyes, knowing exactly why Sirius was sulking.

"I can see where this is going," Remus nodded, taking a seat on James's bed next to Sirius's. Their friend always had an issue with his temper.

"No," James shook his head, nibbling at his bottom lip. "It's worse than you think."