3.3. (h)

All you have is your fireAnd the place you need to reach Don't you ever tame your demonsBut always keep 'em on a leash

And the place you need to reach 
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

-Hozier

...

September 1st, 1993, Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Lynn left Harry off at the Burrow before apparating to the gates of Hogwarts, after making sure that Harry wouldn't try and do something ridiculous like fly a magical car to Hogwarts and threaten the statute of secrecy in the process.

Like last year.

She made her way up the winding path to the castle, soaking in the last bit of warm summer air, instead of flooing directly into her living quarters like she normally did.

It was strangely peaceful, walking along the edges of the forbidden forest. It appeared like a regular forest at this distance, the sunlight peeking through the branches, but Lynn knew that once you ventured deeper in, the trees grouped thickly together, letting next to no light through the foliage. There were creatures in there too, some that left you alone, some vicious enough to kill.

"Alrigh' Lynn?" Hagrid called, snapping Lynn out of her reverie. The towering man was settled comfortably at the doorstep of his cabin, a whittling knife big enough for someone Lynn's size to use as a long dagger. He was busy carving what looked to be a dog bowl for Fang.

"How's it goin' Hagrid? Good summer?" she called back, slowing her pace as she passed his cabin.

"The pumpkins are growin' an' the slugs are repelled, so pretty good so far," he replied with a bright smile. "How 'bout yerself? How's Harry?"

"Good, good," she smiled. "Went to Switzerland in August to visit my brother Ruairi."

"I liked Ruairi," Hagrid spoke fondly. "Used to help me with the hippogriffs. How is he?"

"He likes the snow," said Lynn. "Though I think he only likes it because it makes it harder to reach his house. He's not a fan of people, Ruairi is."

Hagrid nodded knowingly. "You headin' ter the castle? Wouldn' mind takin' somethin' up for me?"

"No of course not," Lynn smiled back, the half giant's smile contagious. "Hope it isn't heavy, I'm not what you call fit."

"Nah, it's pretty small," he reassured her, entering his cabin then coming back out with a bundle of feathers in his massive hand. "Professor Flitwick asked me teh take care of him. Broke his wing two weeks ago, poor fella."

Lynn held out her arms to cradle the sleeping owl to her chest. It was a smaller species of owl and was rather cute in Lynn's opinion. "Alright, I'll head up right now. Nice talkin' to you Hagrid."