1.2 (m)

Don't want to hear about it

Every single one's got a story to tell

Everyone knows about it

From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell

- The White Stripes

3rd August 1973, Dublin, Ireland. Marauder's Era

Dear James,

As much as it would fill the empty, cold void in my soul to lay eyes on the great James Fleamont Potter this summer and visit you, my mother is refusing to let me go as we are not quite done with family time. Honestly, me and my siblings are basically strangers to everyone else in the house so there isn't really much point. Do tell the others I said hi, and please tell Sirius to respond-

"Lynn?"

The younger girl jumped at the quiet voice before sighing and putting her quill down.

"You alright Podraig?" She asked her older brother.

"I'm going to tell her."

Lynn's eyes widened at that.

"When?"

"Tonight. After dinner." He wrung his hands nervously, just the thought of telling his mother what he was about to do was sickening.

"I thought you were just going to leave, then send her a letter," Lynn asked him. "Why the Gryffindor courage all of a sudden?"

"Yeah I was, but I think... I think it would be better if I tell her now, then leave later tonight if she takes it bad."

"When she takes it bad."

There was an awkward silence before Podraig nodded and made towards the door.

"Pod." He turned to face his sister.

"When you leave, make sure you bring me back a souvenir."

He grinned and gave her a wink. "Don't count on it."

He shut the door quietly, leaving the strawberry blonde to her thoughts. With a sigh she spun back to her desk and set her letter to James aside. Perhaps she would finish it later.

Instead she pulled out one of the many sketchbooks piped on her table and began to sketch a new piece, her thoughts guiding the pencil strokes across the blank page.

...

The gentle clink of cutlery was the only thing heard as the Mclaughlin's ate quietly. Podraig stared blankly at his plate as he rhythmically raised his fork to his mouth and took a bite of his food. Connor  and Lynn ate slightly faster, trying to escape as quickly as possible without alerting their mother of their intentions. The youngest, Ruairi, ate normally, a bored expression settled on his face.

Lynn swallowed a bit of her mashed potatoes before addressing her mother.

"Mam?" 

The three brothers' eyes widened as they gave their sister a look of disbelief.

Their mother raised an eyebrow at the interruption. "Yes?"

"James was asking if I could go to his house, just for a visit?"

The red headed woman stared at her daughter like she had just apparated in front of her. "James? Who is this James?"

Lynn's fingers tightened over her cutlery in frustration. She had already told her mother about James. Countless times.