3.14 (m)

Ancient dreams in a modern land.
I'm trying to get back as fast I can.
Back to a time before I had form.
Back to a time before I was born.

-MARINA

Previously...

Lynn questions her relationship with Cathal Wood after he unveils his opinions on lycanthropy. Weeks after her fight with Sirius, she makes amends with him when he shows up injured and disowned from his family.

January 1976, Marauder's era

By the time Christmas holidays were over, Sirius's injuries had mostly healed. The fifth year acted as if nothing had happened, refusing to mention his disownment. He rarely left Lynn's side over Christmas, expressing his happiness to be on good terms with her again almost every day. It reminded her of second year when they had become acquainted with one another, him trailing after her like a puppy.

Mr and Mrs Potter apparated them to the platform when the Christmas holidays came to an end. James' mum had been quietly sniffling all day at the thought of her son leaving again.

"Muuuumm," James whined as his mother pulled him in for another hug, but he conceded quickly, wrapping up the shorter woman in a warm embrace. "I'll be back soon, mum."

Sirius tugged on Lynn's sleeve and pointed towards Remus and Peter, whose families were both talking to each other. Remus's father was surprisingly present, normally using the excuse of work to avoid the platform. His mother was clutching tightly to Remus's arm, though she was always cheerful, she looked rather frail.

Peter was the spitting image of his mother, who was speaking rapidly with her hands gesturing towards the train.

"Lynn," Remus grinned at her as she approached him, enveloping her into a tight hug.

"Lynn dear, you're growing up to be quite the beauty," Mrs. Lupin smiled brightly at her. "You know, Remus is always talking about you. You must come to visit sometime," she said, sending her son a secretive look.

"Mum, please stop," he sighed, pinching his nose. He bent down to whisper in her ear. "She's under the impression I am hopelessly in love with you."

"Oh, but you're not?" Lynn gasped. "My heart is broken, Moony. Completely broken."

"You better get on the train, son," Mr. Lupin said as the warning whistle sounded. "You have your cloak packed, yes?"

"Yes, dad."

"Wand?"

"In my pocket."

"Good man," he grinned, patting him on the back.

"Make sure to write to me, young man!" Mrs. Lupin called as they began to drag their trunks onto the train. "Lynn, you are welcome to visit whenever you like!"