Chapter 3

Katie's P.O.V
Running, dodging trees that are getting in my way. In the woods there are a lot more walkers here. There's a huge heard of about 18 walkers chasing after me. The only weapons I have are my gun with a silencer and a couple of hunting knives. As I'm running I start shooting the walkers. it's down to about 10 now and I'm out of ammo so I grab my knife out of my pocket and start killing them with it.

When I finished I take out my water bottle and drink all of it and catch my breath. When my breath gets back to normal I start walking again. My stomach started grumbling since I haven't had anything to eat for the past 2 days and I'm starting to get much skinnier. I dig down through my backpack trying to find any food I may have not seen before. 'Yes' I thought. there's a fruit bar right down the bottom. I quickly unwrap the rapping and scoff it down.

I feel much better now that I've had something to eat. I look around and all I can see is trees and bushes. 'I can't stay here forever' I thought. I need to find something, like a house, anything with a bed. I haven't slept in ages. I really need to sleep. 'Is that a fence?' I thought squinting my eyes to get a better look. I start running towards it. just as I get through the tree line a big walker came out of nowhere and knocked me over. I start screaming and try to push it off me but it won't move. I can't reach my knife or gun so I just try to hold it up, I'm not giving up yet though.It's teeth scraped my neck. I scream again. just as it was about to bite my neck I heard a loud gunshot and the walker falls on top of me dead. I look around for who shot it and I find a guy that looks about 30. " Hi, I'm Rick Grimes, what's your name?" he asks me holding out a hand " I'm Katie, thank you for saving me" I say taking his hand.

😏 ~~Caitlin~~