Chapter 15 (last chapter )

Carl's P.O.V

She's gone? This can't be happening. I should have stayed with her to protect her I failed her.

Its the next day, I couldn't sleep last night, and we are having a funeral for her in a couple of minutes but I can't bring myself to say goodbye to the love of my life. "Carl, come on let's go." I looked up to see my dad walking in with his head down. "I can't!" I cried. "Why not? You need to. This is what she'd want!" My dad said trying to get me up. But I know that when I go out there to her grave I'll never be able to leave.

So here we are walking out to the field of the prison where everyone has gathered around her grave. I can't stop the river of tears that are flowing from my eyes. Hershel started talking about something and I just blocked him out. I couldn't listen to anyone talk because my mind was on my beautiful girlfriend and I can't stop thinking about her and I don't think I ever will stop thinking of her.

"Carl, would you like to say something?" I looked up to see Hershel and everyone else looking at me expectantly. "Sure." I managed to say. I cleared my throat. "Katie, I love you so much, even if I can't see you anymore I will love you and I hope you know that! I'm gonna be strong for you and I will survive this messed up world just for you. You don't have to fight anymore and your in a better place now. I hope to see you again someday in heaven. I love you forever baby." I couldn't stop crying at the end of my little speech. I ran over to my dad and hugged him. "I'm proud of you, son. And I know Katie will too." my dad told me as he wiped my tears away. I looked up at him and smiled a bit. "Thanks dad." I let go of him.

It's two hours later and everyone has left to do what they need to do. But I haven't left her grave. I can't leave her, but I have to! Reluctantly I get up and make my way inside the prison. everyone is looking at me with sympathetic eyes so I look at the ground. as soon as I get into bed I break down and cry.

I'm never gonna see my princess again and that makes me cry so much more. Shes the best thing that has ever happened to me and I can't see her again. The only way I can see her is in my dreams. With that thought I close my eyes and drift off to sleep to see Katie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG IT'S FINISHED! Did you guys like this story? I hope you did!

~~Caitlin~~