Chapter 10

Katie's P.O.V
We are still in the car on out way to the prison. We've been in a silence for the whole ride. but it's a comfortable silence. I close my eyes and rest my head on the window. "Nearly there" I open my eyes and see Daryl smiling at me. "Yay" I do a little dance.

I can see the prison come into view, but something's wrong. I scrunch up my nose in confusion. Rick opens up the gate and Daryl drives in. we all immediately hop out of the car and I can see people hysterically running around. "What's going on?" I asked while running up to the prison, them following me. I hear Glenn faintly yell out "There are walkers in D" I look back at Carl and he comes to my side. "We gotta go in there. Judith is there." Carl screams and opens the gate. Rick runs up to him and says he'll go. All I can hear are gunshots and screaming. I run up to Carl and he pulls me into a big hug. "It's gonna be ok" Carl repeats into my hair. he kisses the top of my head. when I pull away I see Rick and Daryl run out and Rick has Judith in his arms. I let out a sigh of relief. All the gunshots have died down now and I go into cell D. Theres blood everywhere and bodies lying on the ground. I start to cry as I see Carol lying on the ground dead. "NO" I scream out falling to my knees. Carol was like a mother to me. I turn around and see Daryl standing behind me. "I loved her" Daryl said bending down next to me and stroking her cheek. I lean my head on his shoulder. I knew they had a thing for each other. it was so obvious and now she's gone. I cry even harder and Daryl pulls me into his chest. "It's gonna be ok, I'm gonna take care of you." I look up and smile at him. I stand up and offer him a hand. he takes it and I pull him up not so easily. I hear footsteps and someone grabs my waist and kisses my cheek. "Don't worry Katie, me and Daryl will keep you safe." I turned around in Carl's arms and we kissed.

--- just to remind you that this is my fanfic and I can do whatever I want :)--
~~ Caitlin~~