8

Time skip to 2 months later

Phil: Are we friends?

Unknown number: OMG do my eyes deceive me?! You text first!

Phil: I texted you first last week. Anyway, are we friends?

Unknown number: Unfortunately
so...

Phil: What do you mean?

Unknown number: Not in a bad way! I want to be your friend, but I also want to be your best friend. The person you go to when you cry. The person you go to when you have good news. The person you can rely on no matter what. But I can't be because you don't know who I am.

Phil: Shit okay. I was just asking a question. It's been 2 months and I still don't know who you are. Why won't you tell me?

Unknown number: I've already told you. I'm not a good person.

Phil: You are a good person. I know you're there for me when I need you. Not physically, but you're emotionally there for me and that's good enough. You are an amazing person.

Read at 9:43pm

Dan puts his phone down sighing to himself. Phil knows that Dan is not a bad person, it's just a shame that Dan believes wholeheartedly that he is.

As Dan is slipping into a peaceful sleep, there's a loud banging on the door followed by shouting. Dan ignores it, he knows that it's his dad coming home late from the bar.

Soon enough Dan gets fed up. He tiptoes downstairs, careful not to wake up his younger brother. He opens the door slowly and sure enough, it's his dad.

Dan's dad: *shouting* It took you long enough! I forgot my keys at the bar!

Dan: *scared* Please quieten down, Adrian and mum are sleeping.

Dans dad: *laughs loudly* Oh ok. I'll just-

Dan's phone beeps and his dad raises his eyebrow.

Dan's dad: Who was that?

Dan: I-I don't know.

Dan's dad: Well check then stupid!

Dan pulls out his phone quickly, not to aggravate his dad. When his dad is angry he would- that's a story for another time. Once Dan's phone was out, his dad snatches it off him and reads the message.

Dan's dad: Phil? Who's that? Your gay lover?

Dan: N-No, he's-

Dan's dad: Don't lie to me son.

Dan's dad throws his phone and it bounces off the wall, broken. Dan goes to pick it up and his dad pushes him to the floor.

Dan's dad: We'll continue this some other time, I'm too tired right now.

Dan just nods his head, terrified.