14

Phil: I thought that you were there for me. You said that you wanted us to be best friends. I guess you lied. Goodbye.

Once Dan has charged his phone, a bomb of messages explode on the screen. He opens Phil's messages first. The last message that he sent was 4 minutes ago. Goodbye? Dan thought to himself. This wasn't good. Dan knew how sad Phil was, him not messaging Phil was just the cherry on the top of his messy life. Dan messaged Phil back quickly. After a few minutes of waiting, Phil still hadn't read the message.

Dan drove to Phil's house and rapidly knocked the door.

Maria: Oh hi! Dan wasn't it?

Dan: Yes. Is Phil in?

Maria: No, he just went for a walk about 10 minutes ago.

Dan: Do you possibly know where he could be?

Maria: Probably the hills, he spends a lot of time there to think about things. Why? Is something wrong?

Dan: No. I just need to ask him about the homework. My phone is broken so I couldn't text him about it.

Maria: Ok. Nice to see you again, Dan.

Dan: Thank you. Bye.

He start running towards the hills as quick as he could, careful to not get hit by any cars. Dan wonders if he found Phil, how would he explain how he found him? He can't tell him that he's the one messaging him.

Dan reaches three quarters of the way of the hill and he can't find Phil anywhere. Dan fears that Phil is at the top of the hill. On the other side of the hill at the top, there is a cliff. Dan keeps running further up the hill, worried.

Dan: PHIL!

**********
Phil looks down, there's quite a far drop. He will definitely not survive it. Good he thinks to himself. He doesn't want to live anyway. He hears shouting behind him. It's nobody he knows. Nobody would know where to find him. Phil takes out the pills from his pocket. Anti-depressants. He never took them. Now he'll take them all, at once.

Phil hears rustling behind him and a loud intake of breath. Who on earth could that be? Phil turns around just for a second and realises that it's Dan. Phil, with tears running down his face questions Dan.

Phil: How did you find me?

Dan: I-I don't know. I was on the hill and I saw you up here.

Phil: Go away. Just go away. *takes a step towards the cliff*

Dan: Phil, don't do it. Don't waste your whole life. You can't do this.

Phil looks at Dan with pity in his eyes.

Phil: I'm sorry you have to see this.

Phil opens the bottle that contains the pills and he swallows them all.