24

Phil turns around and Pj is walking towards him with a grin on his face.

Pj: First day back and no Chris to protect you?

Phil: Go away Pj.

Pj: Aw, that's not very nice. Maybe you should learn some manners.

Phil: And maybe you should learn to go away when you're not wanted.

Pj: You really shouldn't talk to me like that because it'll be you suffering the consequences.

Connor looks at the two and he can feel the angry atmosphere.

Connor: Guys, chill. Let's just go back to what we were doing-

Pj: Shut up fag.

Connor: What did you just call me?

Pj: You heard me f-a-g.

Connor: I had to choose to go to this school huh? The one where there is a completely uneducated dickhead who thinks it's cool to use gay slurs as an insult.

Pj: As if being gay isn't an insult itself.

Connor: You listen to me asshole, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being not straight. Just because I don't fit your perfect picture of what a person should be doesn't mean that there's something wrong with me. It means that there's something wrong with you.

Pj: *surprised* You're a homo?!

Connor: Yes and I'm pretty damned proud of it too before you try and insult me again. Now fuck off.

Pj looks stunned and walks away with his mouth slightly open in shock. Pj never actually thought that the people he was using insults against were actually gay, he just wanted to offend them.

Connor: Thank God that's taken care of.

Phil: Thank you. That was pretty brave. I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Connor: So he's the school bully then? I could kind of tell with the massive ego he had.

Phil: Yes. Him and the popular group but he's the worst. The rest just follow and imitate him.

Connor: *nods* Also I hope that we could possibly still be friends after I just came out to you in a non sensible way.

Phil: No it's fine. It doesn't change anything. You're still you.

Connor: *smiles* Thanks.

As they continue eating their lunch, Phil gets a message. He pulls out his phone and almost chokes on his food once he's seen who's text him. It's the unknown texter from a few months ago. Why was this person texting him now?

Connor: Hey, are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Phil: Yeah I'm good.

Unknown number: Is Pj bothering you? How's your first day back?

Phil: Go away

Unknown number: I'm sorry. It's been awhile since I last texted you. I would explain but I really can't.

Phil: I don't care. Just leave me alone.

The message gets seen but there's no response from the unknown person.