34

After half an hour of friendly conversation, Maria and Dan hear Phil walking down the stairs. He walks into the living room confused.

Phil: Why am I here? Why is Dan here?

Maria: You passed out, Dan drove you here.

Phil: Oh. How long have I been here?

Dan: About 40 minutes. It was the longest nap ever.

Phil: *laughs* Shut up.

Phil sits on a chair next to Maria as Dan and Maria watch him carefully.

Maria: So, how are you?

Phil: *fake smile* I'm fine.

Maria: Dan told me what happened.

Maria places her hand on his arm and he stiffens.

Phil: Don't touch me.

Maria: Sorry. So how are you really feeling?

Phil: I don't know.

Maria: What do you mean you don't know?

Phil: I don't know what I feel. I don't think I know myself anymore.

Maria: Do you need to see your counsellor again?

Phil: No.

Maria: If you change your mind tell me. You can also talk to me whenever you need to. Dan will be staying with us for a while so try not to get into any arguments. He'll be staying in Martin's room.

Phil: Ok.

Phil decided to go to his room so Dan followed him closely.

Dan: Try not to fall down the stairs.

Phil: That was a one time thing.

Dan: *laughs* Not talking about that. I'm just admiring how clumsy you are.

Phil: *sarcastic* Thanks.

They got to Phil's room and sat on his bed. Phil blushed slightly cursing his stupid mind.

Phil knew that he had a crush on Dan. He'd been repressing it but he knows that he's liked Dan for a while. That's why he didn't like Connor, he knew he liked someone else in the back of his mind.

Speak of the devil. As Phil is thinking about Connor, his phone starts ringing and Connor is calling him.

Phil: Hi Connor.

Connor: Hey. You left school pretty sudden and Chris and I were worried. Did something happen?

Phil: Yes but I'd rather not talk about it on a phone call.

Connor: Oh. Are you in school tomorrow?

Phil: I-I don't think so.

Connor: Ok. Could Chris and I come over yours after school tomorrow then?

Phil: Yeah that'll be fine.

Connor: Ok bye Phil. Smiiiiile.

Phil: Bye.

Phil laughed. Every time something went wrong, Connor always reminded Phil to smile. He put his phone away and clicked play on the movie that he and Dan were going to watch.

Dan: So how are you and Connor?

Phil: *confused* Me and Connor?

Dan: Yeah? Aren't you both in a relationship?

Phil: *laughs* Me and Connor? Nope, not in a million years.

Dan: *confused* But I saw you both kissing?

Phil: *laughing* That was just a misunderstanding. No, we're just friends.

Dan: So...why would you kiss? I'm so confused.

Phil: What happened was that he said he liked me but I didn't like him back but then he kissed me and I felt bad because he's a great friend. Then he told me that he knew I didn't like him back and that it was a mistake and that he hopes we can still be friends. He knows that I like someone else.

Dan: Oh. So who do you like?

Crap, Phil thinks to himself. I was not meant to say that...