30

Maria: So what was that about?

Phil: What?

Maria: First, I see Dan crying and you hugging him and then he's running out of the house. What's going on?

Phil: Something happened in school.

Jenn: Could you extend that to the whole story please?

Phil: You need to know something first.

Maria: Ok. Then tell us.

Phil: I'm gay.

Jenn: *smiles* Well duh. So what happened at school?

Phil: You know Pj, the one that bullies me? Well, he's Dan's best- actually no-he was Dan's best friend. Anyway, it was lunch time and Pj started shouting in the hall in front of everyone that Dan is gay and that he gets beaten up by his father for being a "worthless homo". I felt bad because you shouldn't just out someone like that so then I stood up and told everyone that I was gay. And then Connor told everyone that he's gay and then Chris told everyone that he's bi. Chris, Connor and I then left and nobody really cared. Then Dan came over here and he started crying because he was upset about it. We went upstairs and talked for a bit and then he got a call from his dad. His dad told him to go home immediately because Pj's mum called him and told him that Dan is gay. So Dan is probably getting beaten up by his father right now.

Jenn: We should call the police.

Phil: You can't. He told me not to tell anyone so I've already abused his trust.

Jenn: We can't just let him get hurt!

Phil: There's nothing we can do!

Maria and Jenn sigh and lean back into the sofa. Phil decided to not tell them about Pj's threat to him. He didn't want his mothers to worry about him.

Phil goes back upstairs and calls Connor. He just wanted to talk to someone that wasn't his parents.

Connor: Hi Phil. What's up?

Phil: The sky. You know what else is in the sky? Rainbows. You know what rainbows represent? Being LGBT+ so technically Connor, I'm up.

Connor: *sarcastic* Haha you're hilarious.

Phil: I am, I know.

Connor: So about earlier. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. I know that you don't like me so you don't need to pretend that you do.

Phil: Connor-

Connor: No it's okay. *laughs* I'll get over it. I hope this doesn't affect our friendship though.

Phil: Of course not.

Connor: Good. I'll see you in school tomorrow?

Phil: Yeah sure. Bye Connor.

Connor: Goodbye Philly.