12

The door shuts once Chris has ran out and Dan and Phil look at each other. Phil is still laying on the ground, barely conscious.

Dan: Should I call an ambulance?

Phil: No, don't.

Dan: Why not? You're hurt pretty badly. Can I at least drive you to the hospital?

Phil: My parents would kill me. They're both working late tonight.

Dan: You can't stay in school!

Phil: Yes I can. I'll be fine in a minute. I'm just going to wash my face.

Dan: *doubtful* You can't stand up!

Phil: *determined* Yes I can.

Phil stands up slowly, swaying unsteady on his feet. He starts falling forwards and Dan catches him, pulling him back gently.

Dan: I'm going to walk to my car, and you're going to walk with me. Do not let go of me, okay?

Phil: Your c-car?

Dan: Yes. I'm going to take you to my house so we can fix your wounds.

Phil: My physical o-ones or emotional ones?

Dan: *laughs slightly* We could try and fix both. How does that sound?

Phil: *sighs* Perfect.

Dan walks slowly out of the school, holding Phil up as best as he could. Dan got to the car and opened the passenger seat for Phil. He carefully helped Phil into the car, making sure he wouldn't hurt himself and then got into the drivers seat.

Dan drives Phil to his house and no one's there. Dan opens the door with his key and helps Phil to the couch. Once Phil is sitting down, Dan goes to the kitchen and gets out the first aid kit. He walks back to Phil and sets it down next to him. He dabs some antiseptic onto a cotton wool and prepares Phil for the pain.

Dan: Ok. This is going to hurt. A lot. But it'll be worth it.

Phil: *nods* Ok.

Dan puts the cotton wool on Phil's lip and watches Phil's face as it contorts in pain. His eyes scrunch up and he stops breathing for a second.

Dan: *laughs* You need to breath Phil.

Phil: You know my name?

Dan: Well yeah. We're in the same classes.

Phil: I know. I just didn't think that people notice that I exist. Or if they do, they don't pay attention to my name. They call me different things instead.

Dan: *frowns* Like what?

Phil: Fag, gay, homo, worthless, disgusting etc.

Dan: There's nothing wrong with being gay. You're not worthless or anything like that.

Phil: I-I know there's nothing wrong with being gay, but I'm not gay.

Dan could feel his stomach dropping. Now he'd have no chance with Phil.